VE - Materia System

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
ah, strange, I have both ... but the command Materia is not added !!!
I will ask again... did you place them in the correct order (materia bellow the menu manager)? Are you loading a save file made bofore? Did you test the plugins on a clean project? It's really hard to help you if you don't cooperate doing what i'm asking and telling the results.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I will ask again... did you place them in the correct order (materia bellow the menu manager)? Are you loading a save file made bofore? Did you test the plugins on a clean project? It's really hard to help you if you don't cooperate doing what i'm asking and telling the results.

I can not say why, but to me it does not work ... ;_;

But I'm at the point, does nothing !!! nothing helps !!!  ;)

Mortalis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Could you post a screen shot of your plugin order?

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Could you post a screen shot of your plugin order?

I've put on a new project:

VE Basic Module
YEP Main menu ..
VE_Materia System ....

It was because the datebase I disabled the Party system ????

ChaoticShadow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Victor,

I have been trying things out with this plugin and I love it so far. I have even used states to make characters gain slots when they gain lvls. =D

One idea I had that is proving quite difficult is to individually give AP to specific materias. My idea was that when a character uses a spell/skill of a certain materia,

that the corresponding materia gains AP and any materia that is paired to it in the slots also gains AP.

Would you mind helping with this idea? Any recommendations would be really appreciated!

P.s. I was thinking of making an event that removes all materias except the one being used and then let the actor gain AP through the plugin command and re-equip all of the

materia but I ran into a wall trying to figure out how to check which materia the "spellcaster" has in which slots.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Doing this with events seems a pretty bad idea. You won't be able to get the materia that is being 'used' without scripting, and if you're going to use scripting, it would be better to do all with scripting, as processing events during battle can be tricky.

Also, giving AP to the materia with scripting is pretty easy. The issue is just retrieving the correct materia data and I can't think of a way to do this without modifications on the plugin code.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
do I have the right to destroy half your plugin for allow "eye candy" style =w=~?

*evil smirk*

ChaoticShadow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks thats good to know. For now im gonna just give AP to all materia that character has when it uses it. Maybe later on ill try and tackle the problem again.

ChaoticShadow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am currently configuring the slot growth system with states and I discovered something strange. When the characters switch from a state with more sockets to a state with less sockets any materia that is removed gets cloned. So if the character had a fire materia in slot 3 and the state changes to a maximum of 2 slots, there will be 2 fire materia instead of one in the inventory. Is this supposed to happen? If so is there a way to stop it from happening?

I am using version 1.6 and the state (Slot max) change occurs when the character changes class.

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Got Icons and everything set, when I turn on the materia script it comes up with the attached...

If i turn it off, everything loads ok etc...

I have filled all details within the script that I needed to (such as icons)

I have also allocated a materia slows to my actor (just in case) but issue happened before and after I did this ....

hmm.png

EDIT: I moved the scripts closer to the top which seems to have worked :)

Last edited by a moderator:

alexis9000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've added a note like this for my "Command" materia (which is called "Assault"):

<materia>

* Equip: Armor

* ap: 1[, 2...].

* icon: 102

* price: 2500

* elements: Non-elemental

* skills: Dual Attack: Double Attack[, Triple Attack...]

* Unlimited

* effects: 0,3% Rage

* </materia>

* This tag set the armor as being a Materia. All values are optional.

Anything wrong done? 'Cause the materia won't appear anywhere on the menu. Not on the weapon nor armor.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Anything wrong done?
Basically... almost everything. The only correct values are the icon and price.

1 - There is no 'Equip: Armor' value. This is not how you set where the materia is equipable.

2 - Don't add brackets on the setup, they are there just to represent that you can add more values, but shouldn't be added on the setup.

3 - the setup is made by Ids. not names.

4 - "0,3% Rage" is not a valid effect, there are a list of effects that can be used on the plugin help, only those effects can be used, also it don't allows decimal rates.

The materia setup is very strict, it don't allows values outside of the ones listed to be used, and the ones listed should be formated correctly.

alexis9000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well...then I guess...I don't understand what I should do. I already tried to read many of your explanations on the document and even here on the forum, but well...I guess I'll need some kind of explanation just like I was 5 years old xD in order to make it work. lol

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The plugin uses the IDs values, the ids are the number used to identify the object, such as a item or skill. To know the id of an item, skill, element... anything, just go to the database, and check the number on the side of the object's name.

Anyway, if you're starting with rpg maker, I suggest that you try to use some easier plugins until you get more used with it. This plugin has one of the most complex setups (among my plugins, it is without question the hardest to setup until now) and is not begginer friendly.

Also you should watch the video, if you follow exactly what it shows, you will be able to, at last, have the plugin working, just copy exactly the same values as the examples given.

alexis9000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I am not starting with RPG Maker but no advanced as well. My problem is really that I have problems understanding all these explanations. Sorry if I'm being stubborn or something like that, but I do not want any other Engine even tough I know I'm gonna have problems with this one, why? I installed this one for a reason bud...to have Materia in my game.

Plus, I already did something similar to the video previously, like this:

<materia slots>
Equip 1:
</materia slots>

But it won't work the same way.

kingmakerspider

That little devil...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Victor, loving the script. Just got it set up myself, and I noticed in a test play that when I use a skill learned from a materia...it only lets me use it once per battle. and then won't let me re-use it regardless of remaining mp...is this from something I did wrong when configuring everything? 

(sorry if this was already answered, I'm just about to leave for work so I didn't have time to do a thorough search...)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@kingmakerspider

Code:
 - Limited
 This tag makes so that a skill learned through an materia can be used on
 battle the same number of times as the materia level. This also works for
 the 'All' paired support effect.
Your materia probably has this tag, if you want the skill to be usable without limit, don't add this tag to the materia.

kingmakerspider

That little devil...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
that would be it, thank you much for the troubleshooting. have a good one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you think you know people, then the next thing you know it's below freezing outside, and they're falling from the sky. And no two are exactly alike.
Karen: Hi, I have a condition that prevents me from wearing a mask. :)

Employee: Can you tell me what it is?

Karen: >:(
Feeling a little overwhelmed... There are so many things to do.
- Building a simple website for portfolio
- Setup *******
- Manage social media
There are so many things inside of these tasks :(
Meet the cute little ghost, FhooFhoo. :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frepoppo