VE - Materia System

xxshiolinxx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello Victor I'm getting an error after following your video tutorial for your new materia system for rpgmaker MV I had it working in vxace but for some reason cannot get it to work in mv.

I downloaded the plugin from https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-mv/materia-system/

charcter.pngarmor.png

I had to add this line for the materia to show up when i tried to equip it im sure its missing somthing and that prob why im getting an error

wepon.pngerror log materia.png

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@xxshiolinxx Do your database include the skills 11, 12 and 13? (the ones you set for the materia).

It seems that your problem is that you set the ID of skills that don't exist on your database for the materia.

Last edited by a moderator:

xxshiolinxx

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@xxshiolinxx Do your database include the skills 11, 12 and 13? (the ones you set for the materia).

It seems that your problem is that you set the ID of skills that don't exist on your database for the materia.
omg im a dumb dumb thank you :)

Macrobear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Victor,

Great plugin. Just wanted to know how to disable the compatibility with yanfly's victory aftermath. I'm not using a level up/AP system for the materia in my game and wanted to stop the aftermath AP gain window from appearing.

Thanks,

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi Victor,

Great plugin. Just wanted to know how to disable the compatibility with yanfly's victory aftermath. I'm not using a level up/AP system for the materia in my game and wanted to stop the aftermath AP gain window from appearing.

Thanks,
There is no option for that, but you can delete the whole compatibiliti patch section at the end of the plugin.

SoSick.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love this plugin , just set up an enemy skill materia! Well chuffed. Am I also able to make the x2 cut materia ,  which levelled up will go-to x4 but I want it to replace attack to who equipped with it? I have your replace commands with skill plugin..just wanted to know if it's possible with the materia plugin as well with it ? Thanks bud.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Possible? Yes. I remember someone telling me they managed to do it using the command replace conditions to check if the actor had the '4x cut' skill learned (the skill was just a dummied skill, without a specific skill type). I didn't test this method myself, though.

Macrobear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
There is no option for that, but you can delete the whole compatibiliti patch section at the end of the plugin.
Excellent. Thanks Victor, got that working. Is there a way to add multiple skills to a single level materia?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Excellent. Thanks Victor, got that working. Is there a way to add multiple skills to a single level materia?
No, only one skill/level.

Although if you aren't using the materia level, you can simply add the skills as a trait on the armor used for the materia.

Macrobear

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
No, only one skill/level.

Although if you aren't using the materia level, you can simply add the skills as a trait on the armor used for the materia.

Works perfectly as a solution, don't know why I didn't think of that. The materia window even displays the skills added as traits. Thanks Victor.

Andarc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you help me with materia shop? I see materias in buy selection but cant sell them what can i do for that?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Could you help me with materia shop? I see materias in buy selection but cant sell them what can i do for that?
You have to set a buy price on the database for the materias. The price on the notetag is the sell value, but any item without a buy price is marked as not sellable by the maker.

Andarc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to set a buy price on the database for the materias. The price on the notetag is the sell value, but any item without a buy price is marked as not sellable by the maker.
I think its about with my project, i did same things in new project and its working. Thanks.

Meh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Meep
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Victor, in the Materia equip menu the icons only show for the Armors and not for the weapons which I have slots for. Is there anyway to fix this please?
I've just checked this thread to see if anyone else has had my problem addressed and couldn't see anyone post about this.

Also I'd like to change the layout to show all of the available amours and weapons without scrolling. I have 5 types . Would I have to change part of the script from // Scene_MateriaEquip to do that. and if should do I have your permission to edit it?

Attachments

Meh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Meep
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorted the weapons icons out, it was due to me having this in the Actors notes;
<materia slots>
Head: 0:0:0:0
Left Hand: 0=0:0=0
Right Hand: 0=0=0
Equip 4: 0:0
Equip 5: 0:0
</materia slots>

Now I've;
<materia slots>
Equip 1:
Equip 2:
Equip 3:
Equip 4:
Equip 5:
</materia slots>

I'm still trying to figure out how to extend the Equip Menu though.

Meh

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Meep
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured out how to Edit the menu height, but realised it'll look poo like that. Could you point me in the right direction to a line the equips next to each other instead of scrolling please?

Attachments

SportsKinect

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys. Sorry to jump in at the end but I have a question about this system.

I have the materia system working (and it’s awesome dude, good job). I can pickup, equip, grow and use my materia skills.

Is it possible within this system to have the character permanently learn a skill from the materia? Or is this something I’d have to do through other means?

I’d like the actor to keep any abilities learned from the materia even if it is no longer equipped.

I’m fairly certain I couldn’t find the solution inside the helper docs but maybe I missed something.

pclaydon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
loving this plugin just 2 questions (for now at least)
1) how do you create a final attack materia
2) is it possible to do materia fusion (like from crisis core)?

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Maybe I ask a difficult and impossible thing but I wanted to know if, since in this system I'm using only one materia, we could enlarge the image of the equipped materia a bit like yanfly did for the items system.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hello!!! Does anyone know how to make the materials compatible with Yanfly "Auto Passive State" ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy