VE - Materia System

Zorkon15

Simp Destroyer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nothing, I did what you told me but insists the error I leave you some screens, thanks for helping ^^

Attachments

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2 possible issues. One is to make sure skills 11,12,13 actually exist in your data base. 2nd is questionable. How come there is icon sets on your equipment?? There shouldn't be any icons there. If you want to change the image for weapon slots. That has to be done in the actual plugin. Those 2 things are the only ones I can think of causing an issue. Oh and maybe change the armor type to just general. If all else fails. Let me know how it goes

Zorkon15

Simp Destroyer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok solved the problem, it was the skills 11 12 and 13 ^^ thank you very much friend for all the help!

Another thing the original iconset this plugin? For the slots and materials where could I get it?

if I don't have to make modifications of the current iconset with the photoshop to create the empty slots.

Attachments

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use a site called the sprites resource. Sometimes I find things I need there. The icon sets could be found in Google. Doing a Google search for rpg maker mv icon set. Then just add your materia icon there. That's what I did. I could try and upload it here if u want?. I have a few icons there extra.

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here is mine with some materia slots i edited a bit.

Attachments

Zorkon15

Simp Destroyer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks to the icon set, I used this icon set modified with photoshop, I made the slot holes and some icons for the matter system

Attachments

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! that's actually quite nice! Seems your good with photoshop. Maybe you could help me? I'm trying to create a walking sprite that is 96 by 96 pixels. Think if i posted the image you could help me make a similar one that looks decent?

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant any idea how I can create a proper command materia. For example slash all. Where slash all replaces attack command and once slash all has gained enough ap and becomes "flash" the slash all command is replaced once again by flash.
I cannot seem to accomplish this correctly. I'm using materia plugin, command replace plugin and command text I think that's the names.

xjurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a problem where I can only see the materia in the Materia menu if I add the materia to the actor via the plugin command, after that I can select it, remove it and see it in the available materia window. If added via event using "Change armor" it isn't selectable, nor does it even show up. I've tried every possible equip combination I can think of in the slots, the materia armor DB entry and the actor entry I can think of or was suggested in the thread. Any ideas?

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show me screen shot of what you mean? For example in game and then the data base please. It sounds simple but I want to be sure it's what I think

xjurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hopefully this is clear enough lmaoconfusioncorner.jpg

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see. Try changing materia equipment type to general armor. See if that helps. As I see nothing else wrong.

xjurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've tried all the armor types available, it just doesn't wanna work lmao, even though telling it to forcefully slap the 'ol materia into the slot via plugin command makes it work, can even leave the menu entirely and come back and it's all good, but it's the only way. I'll keep messing with it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks though.

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange though. I'm sure it's something simple that's missing. Could be another plugin causing it. I remember for me it was one that change the menu that did something similar to mine. So try that.

xjurr

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
...Figured it out. Yanfly item core wasn't playing nice, turning it off made it all work. Definitely was something simple. Now to find a decent item menu alternative that won't ruin my life again.

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol well glad it was solved. As for me I need to have mine inspected. I get errors only when an enemy cast magic on me. If I can figure it out I'll be done with my demo.

EmanueleSpeed

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone, I insert in the notetag weapons <materia slots: 0=0> but the weapon does not take up slots. only by inserting in the actor notetag you can see but this does not interest me. I want to have slots only in weapons and armor. How does it work? I can not understand

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have to place in the actor notetag which equipment is allowed to have slots.
For example
<materia slots>
Equip: 1
Equip: 4
</materia slots>
Make sure you actually have the the ID of that equipment available in your database in the types tap.
After that you should have the slots available for the equipment

EmanueleSpeed

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Yes I have entered but does not see the slots on the weapon. sees the slots only on equip 1 and 8 slots come out.

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it's easier if you show screenshots of the actor notes tags, weapon note tags and what it looks like in game play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rizal_afand13