VE - Mix Actions

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
This is really awesome! Thank you Victor.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks fun but it's going to be hell for the developers.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello Victor. I found an error when trying to use a skill from the menu (outside of battle). I made a project with just the basic module and this plugin and it still persists. Here is the error in the console.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hello Victor. I found an error when trying to use a skill from the menu (outside of battle). I made a project with just the basic module and this plugin and it still persists. Here is the error in the console.
Thanks for the report, i will check it.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
@Victor Sant

Is it possible to use this with the Command Replace plugin so when my character has full TP he uses Mix instead of attack or something like that?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@killerfer now that you mention it, I think I overlooked this. Currently it is not possible but i will updat the plugins to allow that.

Nev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is really close to what I've been looking for, although I was hoping it would let me combine two items in battle into an offensive item rather than just an action/skill. I know there's some crafting plugins which can do that but they can't be used within battle which I need for this to be effective for my Thief/Chemist class. But ah well, not to worry, I'll just change my idea to Skills instead. Otherwise, it worked perfectly for me.

The only other thing I was wondering is if it's possible to have Mix appear in a skill window rather than listed on the battle window for the actor? It takes up room and I'd rather "items" were visible rather than having to scroll down. I could use it to replace Guard I suppose, but I was planning to replace that with a Steal ability instead. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This is really close to what I've been looking for, although I was hoping it would let me combine two items in battle into an offensive item rather than just an action/skill.
There are no difference between items and skills mechanically, except by their requirements and costs (skills requires you to learn them and cost MP/TP, items requires you to have them in inventory and cost the item itself).

By the point where they are used, items and skills are basically the same, and since the cost and requirement for the mix result is irrelevant (as it uses the requirement/cost from the parent items instead), making the results different would only make the plugin more complex for no real difference.

Unless you wanted to mix the item and keep it (wich is not the porpouse of the plugin) I don't see how this can be a issue. 

The only other thing I was wondering is if it's possible to have Mix appear in a skill window rather than listed on the battle window for the actor?
The mix is a new command and cant be placed on the skill window.

Nev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand, yeah. Thanks for the clarification. 

I'll just rethink and adapt my ideas around what is available but just to elaborate what I was trying to do, I started out by creating offensive items for my thief character to throw in battle to mix things up and get past certain encounters i'd created where physical attacks wouldn't be as effective in the scenario. Then later I thought seeing as the character is a thief and that's somewhat associated with the chemist class, it would make sense to be able to have them combine ingredients that can be stolen in battle to create these bombs and other offensive items that can be thrown to exploit the weaknesses of certain enemy types.

So I was searching for something that would let me combine items while in battle and this was the closest thing, other item combination plugins only work out of battle. But of course like you rightly pointed out by the time the item is created it's already dispensed anyway with this plugin which would make combining into an item pointless. The only problem is that if I was still gonna have say the "bombs" represented as physical items outside of battle that can alternately be picked up or purchased and not just combined into a skill action, sure I could use another plugin for that but it also would mean creating two separate identical database entries for the Item and Skill versions (and you can't copy/paste between those windows in spite of their similarities). That's the only "issue" really that made me hope it could combine into an item, but I understand completely why you didn't include that as it wouldn't make sense and this was built for something different entirely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.
Amazing. I had seen it more than 10 years ago, but seeing Monster this year was an incredible experience. It was certainly one of the best endings I've ever seen in anime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onpeex