VE - Moving Platform

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This script allows to setup a new mechanic for the map environment: moving platforms that allows the player to go on them, these platform will carry the player over. But different from and evented system, the player is free to move while over these platforms. It’s also possible to set certain tiles to be “void” tiles and the player will fall if step on them.

Download:
Victor Engine - Moving Platform

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my... this is sweet. Platforming in Ace just got 400% better. And so many options... just wow.

Question though, any plans on making any more platforming options? Like, say gravity to set tiles, or anything else?

For instance, gravity could be done by setting a certain region to draw players down. Then, any tile above the tile that is marked with that set region, will automatically make the player fall at a certain rate set by the script. This could allow for some Mario/Metroid style games when you mix the gravity with this script and your jumping script. just an idea though.

Maybe even a script that allows your character to take damage if an enemy touches your character, but deals damage if you jump on their head (like mario).

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
My politic is: each function on it's own script. You will even notice that the jump ins't part of this script but a separated script.

So I have no plans of using this script to make a side scroller or something like this, maybe with another script.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, for sure. Doing it that way allows for so much more customization. People can then chose what features they want and dont want.

You are a very smart scripter, Victor.

Ja Boniwell

Game Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm having a hard time getting the cliff tiles to work :/ any help would be greatly appreciated 

-EDIT- it's cool I got it to work, sorry to bother you ^^'

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceodore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Very nice, and the code is good as ever. It will surely add a lot to dungeons and ABS based games.  :rock-right:

lazzyydogg1212

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Victor,

Great script as always, can you help. Have been trying to figure out how to make tile regions where player steps on falls-loses little hp- then reapears in front of drop off, any help please. Have a puzzle map set up , that if player crosses over the edge the fall and it resets.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Will you port this script to MV please? :D

Absolutely, at some point.

After i finish the animated battle related plugins, I will start with the map related plugins.

Rythmistic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hey Victor! Did you ever make something like this for Rpg maker VX? Or know of someone who made something? Because I can't seem to find any..
That would be really nice ! I need that kind of script x).

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any chance you can upload a demo. So I can see how these things work on vx ace?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?
I've been having a rough couple of months and as such let down some friends of mine in the RPG Maker community. I still need time to get back to my normal self, but it's nice to be back, to read articles, and to design again (albeit at a slow pace). Hope to give updates on Kid Crescent soon.
Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibitama