VE - MP Levels

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin adds a new variant for the MP mechanic, where MP is divided in levels. A skill that consume MP from a level can’t be used by spending MP from another level. This system is similar to games like Suikoden and Grandia.

Download:

Victor Engine - MP Levels

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited:

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Better for balancing :D

Thanks!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Out of curiosity, do you think it might be possible to show in the skill menu's help section the current amount of MP per level when a skill is highlighted? This might make a neater Battle Status Window if going for a larger amount of MP levels.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Out of curiosity, do you think it might be possible to show in the skill menu's help section the current amount of MP per level when a skill is highlighted? This might make a neater Battle Status Window if going for a larger amount of MP levels.
The problem is that the help window don't have, by default, access to the active actor data. If you find a way to make the help window to have access to that, then it shouldn't be hard to do. Just remember that this must be a method that works both on battle and on the main menu.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Friendly notice for those using Yanfly's Skill Core:

This should get placed beneath the Skill Core. Otherwise the MP cost does not show up.

EDIT: Know how I can add a minimum level for each MP level?

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Know how I can add a minimum level for each MP level?
What do you mean by 'minimun level'? Want that the actor don't have mp until a certain level? It can be done with formulas.

For example '(a.level - 9) * 2' this will make the actor gain 2 mp / level, starting on lvl 10.

OKIComputer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I very much like this plug-in, but I can't get it to work. The UI is fine -- the problem is I can't figure out how to give my characters MP Levels.

I copy-pasted the following note, and it doesn't work: the character has 0 level 1 MP no matter what I do. Maybe I'm using this incorrectly:

<mp level growth: 1, 99>

result = 5 (or whatever);

</mp level growth>

That's in the class/actor, I tried it with both. When I look at the actors in the console, they all have 0-length arrays for their spell levels. I also turned off all plug-ins except for the basic module and this one, so I don't think it's an interaction.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I noticed it's missing from the instructions, you need to assign a max mp level with the <max mp level: value> notetag, the plugin parameter is just the limit for the number of levels, but it don't set the max level number itself.

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I cannot seem to get the icon parameters in the plugin parameters working. For the sake of simplicity, I have the MP Display Format as '\} %3 %1' %3 indicates icon, %1 indicates current MP. The icons I have set in the MP Level Icons section are 64, 67, 68, 69. However, it all renders as i[64] 5/ i[67] 5/ and so on. Am I doing something wrong, or is this feature bugged?
Additionally, I placed the 'Escape Codes' plugin above and below the MP Levels plugin to test whether or not that had anything to do with it.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Diretooth it's a mistake on the code of the MP levels.

search on the plugin for '\i[' its on the lines 688, 706 and 731, replace them with '\\i['

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Much appreciated, thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow