Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very useful.

Especially for plugins that require a heap of text like Yanfly's Action Sequences and your own Mix Action plugin.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very useful.

Especially for plugins that require a heap of text like Yanfly's Action Sequences and your own Mix Action plugin.
Exactly! Hey, Victor, does it work with others plugins or just your own?

Because if working with every plugin, you really hit the spot with this, since the note box can become full off notetags.

Also, it allows me to call multiple .txt for the same note box?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Exactly! Hey, Victor, does it work with others plugins or just your own?

Because if working with every plugin, you really hit the spot with this, since the note box can become full off notetags.

Also, it allows me to call multiple .txt for the same note box?
The plugin rewrite the content of the note when it's loaded for the first time, so it should work with most, if not with all, plugins. It's a matter of testing the plugins but i suppose there will be no issue.

Yes, you can call multiple files on the same notebox. (I did it on the sample video for the Mix Actions).

Last edited by a moderator:

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I see 2 downsides with this:

- (minor) each note tag is stored in its own file, which might not be what you want. Not really an issue, but i thought i mention it.

- (major) each file is loaded every time it's needed. So, if you are referencing the same file from 20 items, it will be requested 20 times. On browser games, this can potentially take quite some time.

My own Note Files plugin works a bit different (i'd say it's generally worse, due to overwriting extractMetaData), but it does cache loaded files, so it should be faster. You might take a look at it (and i will probably rewrite it some time, to be more efficient and have better compatibility).

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I will take a look on your plugin. 

I tried to come with something to cache the loaded files but didn't figure a efficient way of doing so.

cybrim

Tinker of the Nether
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
More useful than your body (of text) has room for...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth