VE - SFonts

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows the use of SFonts. SFonts are image files that replaces the normal font.

What are SFonts? (from http://rubygame.org/docs/) SFont is a type of bitmapped font, which is loaded from an image file with a meaningful top row of pixels, and the font itself below that. The top row provides information about what parts of of the lower area contains font data, and which parts are empty. The image file should contain all of the glyphs on one row, with the colorkey color at the bottom-left pixel and the “skip” color at the top-left pixel.

Download:
Victor Engine - SFonts

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very well done.

I prefer these to the default fonts...

Just gotta get them set up for 2 different sets.

1 set is for menus which takes up so many slots for different colors...

The other several slots i'm setting aside for a separate font for text like talking to folks.

Neckboi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey Victor, loving the plugin. Is there a way to change the default font in game? Like a plugin command or something. Trying to do a different font for the menu and switch it back for text

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
No. But remember: the change color commands don't actually change colors, but change the whole font.

You can have Up to 32 fonts graphics (that should include different colors for the same font).

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Victor thanks for the plugin, I want to use this as it seem to be the only way of achieving pixelated non blurry font, but I don't know how to make an sfont file properly and can't find any tutorials on it. Please could you make one?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Tutorial? I don't know what I could say on a tutorial that is not already on the plugin help.

The sfont is a sequence of digits, and the top row has a color that serves as separator. It just all about that.

ZcheK

ZcheK
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK thanks, I didn't realize it was so simple, and you just change the digits in the plugin settings to match your setup. It's looking really great in my game now :)

Untitled.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerLaPux