VE - Sprite In Windows

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows you to display the sv battler or charset animated sprite on menu windows. By default only some windows can display that sprite, but you can extend this function to other windows edinting their codes.

Download:
Victor Engine - Sprite In Windows

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited:

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is not compatible with YEP CTB and YEP HP VISUAL GAUGES and  those are plugins related to combat.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This is not compatible with YEP CTB and YEP HP VISUAL GAUGES and  those are plugins related to combat.
They mess with the Sprite Battler, wich this plugin uses used to display the sv sprites.

Last edited by a moderator:

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i know you preffer to support your scripts 1st, but  i'm not programmer and i'm not sure if this is inteded for reasons either

with YEP HP VISUAL GAUGES

rpg_managers.js:1722 TypeError: Cannot read property 'addChild' of null
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.createVisualHpGaugeWindow (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_X_VisualHpGauge.js:422)
    at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.update (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_X_VisualHpGauge.js:409)
    at Sprite_Actor.update (rpg_sprites.js:736)
    at Sprite_WindowBattler.setBattler (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/VE_SpriteInWindows.js:543)
    at Window_SkillStatus.Window_Base.drawBattlerSprite (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/VE_SpriteInWindows.js:378)
    at Window_SkillStatus.drawActorFace (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/VE_SpriteInWindows.js:456)
    at Window_SkillStatus.refresh (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/rito_xpbar_menu.js:76)
    at Window_SkillStatus.setActor (rpg_windows.js:2100)
    at Scene_Skill.refreshActor (rpg_scenes.js:1153)
    at Scene_Skill.refreshActor (/D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_SkillLearnSystem.js:1339)rpg_managers.js:1722 SceneManager.catchException

This error appears when using YEP CTB, funny that it only happens if the menu status is active only

rpg_managers.js:1722 TypeError: Cannot read property 'visible' of undefined
    at Window_CTBIcon.destinationY (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:2425:35)
    at Window_CTBIcon.updatePositionY (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:2439:23)
    at Window_CTBIcon.update (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_X_BattleSysCTB.js:2175:10)
    at file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/rpg_scenes.js:112:19
    at Array.forEach (native)
    at Scene_Menu.Scene_Base.updateChildren (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/rpg_scenes.js:110:19)
    at Scene_Menu.Scene_Base.update (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/rpg_scenes.js:42:10)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/rpg_managers.js:1788:25)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/TDDP_FluidTimestep.js:108:18)
    at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (file:///D:/Drive/Project%20TimeWarp/js/plugins/YEP_FpsSynchOption.js:105:12)

Goldschuss

The creator of Lye Bastion
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It's no use, Victor stated several times he will not go through all the work, to make a compatibility patch again.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It's no use, Victor stated several times he will not go through all the work to make a comptability patch again.
Yeah, i won't make compatibility patches again. This don't means that I will not check compatibility issues. If I can improve the code to fix those without a patch, I will.

Sometimes incompatibilties are created by bad placement of some code or because you don't add failsafes for issues, that can be improved without messing with the plugin.

Wich by the way was the issue with the Visual HP, I just changed the order of two lines (that had no impact on my onw plugin) and it is now wotking.

On the Visual HP Gauges, add this after linde 413:

if (!$gameParty.inBattle()) return;

On the CTB plugin change the line 2425

from this:

if (scene && scene._helpWindow.visible) {

to this:

Code:
if (scene && scene._helpWindow && scene._helpWindow.visible) {

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Making a compatibilty patch for yanfly plugins is a headache... He/she uses his own code to make his/her scripts and for some reason the patches stop working when they are updated.

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is very nice, thank you!

I don't suppose there is a way to separate the sprites positions on each of the menus? So that I can position the sprites in different places in each menu instead of it applying globally across the Skill, Status and Main menu?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I don't suppose there is a way to separate the sprites positions on each of the menus? So that I can position the sprites in different places in each menu instead of it applying globally across the Skill, Status and Main menu?
As stated on the plugin help, displaying the sprites on anything beside those windows requires to insert the code manually on the scripts (the code used to display the sprite is provided on the plugin help).

Obviously, this requires some scripting knowledge, since editing the scripts without any knowledge will more likely break your project.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to flip them?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's weird, i can show the battlers but now i wanted to show the charset and it's not appearing.
When i turn off the menu plugins and keep yours the 3rd and 4th party members charset appears on the 1st and 2nd actor's face. When i remove them from the party i can't see the charset of anyone. 

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By setup you mean my load order or how i've set the plugin options?

I'd like to say that if i turn Galv Bust Menu on the charset will not appear on the Menu screen, the battler does though.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
By setup you mean my load order or how i've set the plugin options?

I'd like to say that if i turn Galv Bust Menu on the charset will not appear on the Menu screen, the battler does though.
Does the issue happens without other plugins?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If i disable all of them and keep yours i can see only the battlers.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Then send me a screenshot of the plugin parameters. I don't have any issue on my testings, so I need to see the setup that is causing that.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@kovak

The setup is 'always', not 'aways'.

Other than that, using this setup didn't show any issue. Charsets and Battlers are showing properly, 

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Funny thing is that i've wrote "aways" and works as if it was "always" to display the battler.

After playing around for a long time i got them together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!
Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sheepman