VE - Tech Points

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows to setup skills that have a limited number of uses. Once you spend all ueses, the skill can’t be used until you recover those uses. Similar to games like Pokemon or Phantasy Stat IV.

Download:

Victor Engine - Tech Points

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Hey Victor,

I really want to use plugin but cant seem to make it work. I tried in a brand new project only VE basicmodule and VE tech points (latest versions). For the skill i want to give tech points, i made this notetag:

<tech skill>

<tech points: 10>

result = 3

</tech points>

I also tried:

<tech skill>

<tech points: 99>

result = 3 + a.level / 4

</tech points>

And:

<tech points: 25>

result = 1 + a.mat / 100

</tech points>

But in all cases it seems like nothing happens. No trace of tech points anywhere. Could you help me set up a skill? Here is the demo project: https://we.tl/LjBTJyHhoO

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa Sorry, the latest version i uploaded yesterday had a typo that caused it to not work.

I fixed it, check if it solves the issue.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
@gRaViJa Sorry, the latest version i uploaded yesterday had a typo that caused it to not work.

I fixed it, check if it solves the issue.
Updated and it works now. Thanks!

Additional question: I tried to increase the max uses of skill 15 for actor 1 by 5 with this plugin command: MaxTechPoints actor 1 15 5

But nothing changes. However, I think it has something to do with the tech point notetag for skill 15 which is:

<tech skill>

<tech points: 12>

result = 3

</tech points>

It probably will stay 3 whenever because here it says result = 3 + the parameter Tech Point Growth is now simply empty. But what I'm trying to get is that at the start the number of uses is 3 and the ONLY way it can increase is through the above plugin command (want to make an evented Tech Point shop with this). Now it just stays 3, always.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa

Another typo, this plugin is the king of typos  :distrust:

Fixed it.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Hehe, glad that you updated so soon! I'll let you know if i find any more typos ;)

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
is it possible for someone to modify this script so that the number of uses are also influenced by a stat?

I would imagine as a mage levels up, they might get more uses out of there starting skills and have less uses on later game skills. Because they have learned to use those skills more efficiently through practice

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
is it possible for someone to modify this script so that the number of uses are also influenced by a stat?
The number of uses is decided by a formula. A foruma that can include any valid script code, so I don't see why it would be needed to modify anything on the plugin.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The number of uses is decided by a formula. A foruma that can include any valid script code, so I don't see why it would be needed to modify anything on the plugin.
Ok. Thanks

I don't use MV, I just saw this when digging through the scripts to help out someone in a different thread and that question popped in my mind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth