VE - Throwable Objects

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Thanks Victor. :D

My ninjas looks real now,throwing shurikens,weapons and real dual wield.

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I saw this and smiled.  I really hope it'll work with Yanfly's system.   If not I have a use for it elsewhere.

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a nice plugin! Now my ninja class is complete (I guess) with the throw command.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I saw this and smiled.  I really hope it'll work with Yanfly's system.   If not I have a use for it elsewhere.
Please give some feeback if it works or not with Yanfly. I plan to use both in my next game.

Blithe

The One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give some feeback if it works or not with Yanfly. I plan to use both in my next game.
I am using roughly 40 of Yanfly's plugins along with this VE plugin and it does work. Not sure if it matters or not but I place all VE plugins below all Yanfly plugins and have not seen any issues so far. I've only set it up such that one of my side view enemies can toss bombs at the player's party during battle but yep, it should work.

SpookySoul

Resonating Soul, Deep In Thoughts
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Very cool plugin! Just a little problem... I am using the Front-view battle system with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core to display the actor's battle sprite on the actor hud.

Now, I want to throw stuff upwards (from the bottom up), not left and right. Is it possible to make that? :p

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
That is because it is designed to be used with the sideview battle system. The problem is that Victor and Yanfly only fixes problems with their own plugins,you must ask someone else to make a patch for you or wait until they take request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I am using the Front-view battle system with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core to display the actor's battle sprite on the actor hud.
This plugin requires a origin (that must be a battler sprite) and a target (that must also be battler sprite).

What YF plugin show is NOT a battler sprite, it just a bitmap drawn on the window.

Without actual battler sprites there is nothing that can be done, the throw can't start from something that is not a battler.

The throw don't care about directions, it can go in any direction, as long the actual battler sprites are there,

So, a solution could be turning ON the SV mode and edit the scripts to place the battler sprites on the positions you want, then use blank graphics for them.

Zael

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Victor Sant If you want, feel free to post those Boomerangs I made with the Plugin so people can have them and not have to go looking. :)

SpookySoul

Resonating Soul, Deep In Thoughts
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The throw don't care about directions, it can go in any direction, as long the actual battler sprites are there,

So, a solution could be turning ON the SV mode and edit the scripts to place the battler sprites on the positions you want, then use blank graphics for them.

Ah I see, thank you! I can definitely do that!

longlivejuggs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to leave the thrown graphic on screen for X amount of turns? Like a grenade for example that doesn't automatically detonate.

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
i can't use this plugin..

i do like the video do..

but, still can't throw something.. :'(

-SOLVED- :3

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello,

I wrote this on my potion notetag :

<throw object: before>

image: icon 176

speed: 20

arc: 100

start: 16, 0

</throw object>

But when I use it on an ally hero or enemy, I don't see the icon being displayed.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Am I doing something wrong ?
The notetag is ok, Probably the issue is an incompatibility, more specificly, the YF battle core, a recent update on the battle core made it incompatibile with some of my plugins (it was compatible when i released it)

To confirm, test the same notetag on a clear project.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
The notetag is ok, Probably the issue is an incompatibility, more specificly, the YF battle core, a recent update on the battle core made it incompatibile with some of my plugins (it was compatible when i released it)

To confirm, test the same notetag on a clear project.
Yup that was it :(

Sorry for the bother, I though it would work by putting your plugins at end of my list.

Edit : but still thank you for that plugin, I really liked the animation.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What would the notetag look like to make a gun? I already have the bullet image in my pictures folder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
A video once in a while won't hurt.
Have a craving for a Nesquik milkshake. No idea why. Haven't had one since I was a kid. lol. I remember them kinda tasting nice, but also leaving a lot of nasty powder at the bottom of the cup.
The more I think about it, the weirdest part of going to work post-virus will probably be getting used to seeing my coworkers' mouths again. :LZYshock:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guangdi