VE - Unreachable Targets

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Victor Sant, Jan 16, 2016.

1. MakeAndCreate

MakeAndCreate Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well that solves that, but I think there is some conflict with yanfly's battle core or taunt.  unreachable targets are still targetable without a matching tag, but they have no effect when going through.  (Not functionally wrong, but can be off putting and confusing to those playing.)  

2. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    One of the YF core plugins changes how targeting is choosen. I did take a look on that, but I couldn't find a solution fast, and since it wasn't breaking the plugin (it still worked, although a bit different), I decided to focus on more important things (like developing more plugins).

3. HintonR

HintonR Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Victor.

Was finally checking this plugin. I might wait for your enemy conditions plugin. But I had a few questions about this one while I'm at it. Haha.
    As to elaborate my original question, does this plugin allow to make a certain skill unable to target an enemy unless that enemy is under a certain state.
    As far as seen in the demo, the reverse can be done--but would like to know if this is setup so that if the enemy doesn't have a certain state it can't be targeted. 

The reason I might wait for enemy conditions is because Tsukihime made a good point when asking about whether or not I should still be able to target enemies with the skill even if it will have no effect. As from a gameplay perspective, I like that idea more as to allow more pressure on the players for not making mistakes. (instead of like a bumper bowling perspective where there's a guide to hit targets) That analogy make sense? Hahaha.

Thank you!

4. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @HintonR with the updated version of the plugin it is not hard to do.

Just add a notetag <unreachable: type> to the state and a <reach target: type> to the skill. It sill be able to target those without the state, but not those with the state. (the type is just an arbitrary word used to identify the effect, you can use anything you want).

About using a target restriction rather than a efficienci restriction, it's depend on the skill itself. In most cases, i would go with making the skill have no effect rather than a targeting restriction. I would use target restrictions when it is not possible to launch the skill on the target, but you seems to want a skill that have no effect, but nothing really keeps the skill from being cast on someone that is not under the state.

5. Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt Mega Man Volnutt Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Umm, can I have a step by step tutorial of this? My dig does an animation on the  user, and then after a turn they use normal attack instead of the end of the dig move. Unreachable targets work though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016