SWAMPFOOT9000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can remember how in VXace, there was a script by Victor called "Actor Battlers." This script would allow you to display static battler images for the actors in battle. You could also change the alignment so that they would display near the bottom of the screen horizontally. (Similar to RPGmaker XP's default.) When I first saw the BattlerGraphicSetup plugin, and saw that it supported static battlers, I was sort of expecting that this would be possible. However, I was wrong, and the actors can only be aligned at the side of the screen  :stare: . Am I missing something? Is there some other script that already exists that I can use to accomplish this effect?  

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You just need to change the postion of the battlers by editing a single line of code.

Search for this on the rpg_sprites.js

this.setHome(600 + index * 32, 280 + index * 48 + y * 24 - 24);

position x = 600 + index * 32

position y = 280 + index * 48 + y * 24 - 24

unless another plugin is messing with the position, in that case, check the plugin that is doing that.

SWAMPFOOT9000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You just need to change the postion of the battlers by editing a single line of code.

Search for this on the rpg_sprites.js

this.setHome(600 + index * 32, 280 + index * 48 + y * 24 - 24);

position x = 600 + index * 32

position y = 280 + index * 48 + y * 24 - 24

unless another plugin is messing with the position, in that case, check the plugin that is doing that.

It keeps telling me that y is undefined. Is there something I'm supposed to put in place of y that you sort of expected me to know? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
it's not for you to copy this, is for you to edit as you need. This is the line i've edited for my own use.

SWAMPFOOT9000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
it's not for you to copy this, is for you to edit as you need. This is the line i've edited for my own use.

Oh, I see  :) . In that case I'll probably be able to figure it out, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lesbofication