Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Vehicle Dynamic Speed v1.0.0
Author: Derek Chestnut (dbchest)

Plugin Description
Vehicles will build to maximum speed gradually.

Recommended Speed Rates
Code:
3  - 4 * normal speed (very fast)
6  - 2 * normal speed (fast)
12 - 1 * normal speed (normal)
24 - 1/2 normal speed (slow)
48 - 1/4 normal speed (very slow)
Planned Updates
Allow user to specify minimum and maximum speeds.

Author's Notes
Free for use in both commercial and non-commercial projects.
Accreditation is not required but it is appreciated.

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oooh I like how this is developing, is there a way to control what the maximum speed is?

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the maximum speed is the program's default maximum speed.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hm, what if the maximum speed was too fast and I wanted to lower it to the two lesser speeds?

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Omg, you have actually made it! Perfect :D Very useful plugin. Now if we get to a steering part, a bit of physics... Would be too good!

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge i think i can manage to incorporate that.
@Alastor01 what are you suggesting, exactly?

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
@dbchest I am not suggesting anything haha! That's why I said would be too good to be true.
Someone was requesting actual steering before. That would be quite hard to do graphically, never-mind the code.
It would be close to impossible to have full vehicle physics: steering, braking, collision, etc all together. Too much effort I imagine.
I mean we can hope for these things ;) That's all

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alastor01 a member of these forums once said something along the lines of rpgmaker being a great tool for creating rpg-themed content. it is important to make an effort to understand what the engine was designed for; mechanics like the ones being discussed are not necessary for a quality rpg, and i would go as far to say that they are also not practical for a two-dimensional game like the ones we create with rpgmaker. this plugin that i have created for skurge is actually a useless plugin; it does not improve gameplay in any way and, some may even find it to be less attractive than the default movement mechanics (myself included). i only accepted this plugin request to broaden my understanding of the default movement mechanics. these lessons learned can now be applied to various other plugins that i will create for my personal projects. this is why i fulfill requests.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
@dbchest Fair enough. That's your opinion .
I wouldn't go as far to say this is useless plug-in. Some people still try to get away from engine limitations. And do what they want. I am pretty sure there will be good few uses for your plug-in ;)

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
RPG Maker MV seems to be a fairly intuitive program that you could program almost anything but that comes at a cost on how much you put into it, as much as I wish I could have momentum, braking etc it would be way too much to ask for and the engine just isn't really designed for that kind of thing-you might as well get game maker or something.

For me I find this plugin very good as it supplies me built-up speed in vehicles which isn't essential but it adds that bit of realism of acceleration.
The cars in my project are essential for travel unlike most RPGs where they are only used to reach certain destinations in overworld. Mine however uses the cars as the main function of transportation between city areas- only reaching highways and tunnels does it warp you to a new city part unreachable by normal means of traveling.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh I wanted to bring this to your attention, have you experienced random moments where the vehicle would slow down and no matter how long you hold the key down the vehicle still moves at it's slowest pace?

I'm not sure if it's an error just on my end, I've been also tinkering with a sound for movement speed, do you know when your speed changing option will be available? :)

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge i have not encountered that problem myself, but it is definitely possible that there is a bug in the code. in order to make this plugin work, we deviated from the default mechanics and forced new logic, so errors are likely to result and some testing will need to be done. i have other projects which take precedence right now, so i do not really have time to perform extensive testing on this plugin.

i can push out that update for you sometime this week, okay? how does that sound?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Skurge i have not encountered that problem myself, but it is definitely possible that there is a bug in the code. in order to make this plugin work, we deviated from the default mechanics and forced new logic, so errors are likely to result and some testing will need to be done. i have other projects which take precedence right now, so i do not really have time to perform extensive testing on this plugin.
That is perfectly reasonable for me, I understand when there are more pressuring matters abroad.

i can push out that update for you sometime this week, okay? how does that sound?
It is literally up to you whenever you feel like putting out there for us :) greatly appreciate it!

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for your patience! i will update this plugin sometime this week.

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can't wait to try this, I swear i saw this in a post ages ago but could never find it again, maybe it was just wear it was reqested? I have a game I want to make for one of my comics wear I will get the artist to create a lot of different angles on a vehicle to make pseudo drift.
Very far from a useless plugin, as someone who does not enjoy turn based fighting (pokemon tricked me) I love any plugin that effects the main world you opporate in...but of course I am exsited for you advancements in your personal projects!

dbchest

Beast Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Indsh thank you for your kind words! speaking of pokemon...follow the link in my signature to have a look at my beast masters project; it may interest you if you have ever wanted to make your own pokemon-esque game.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh i wanted to check with you also if diagonal movement has been made into consideration?
Sometimes and pure random moving diagonally cuts the speed dramatically off, may I suggest the option for speed to either remain the same when turning or optionally dropping by the next slowest speed?

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Has there been any updates made on this plugin?

Simientes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin is no longer available :kaodes:

Does anybody have a mirror link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WTCraft