Vehicle entry/exit enable/disable and transparency?

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone, I'm working hard to perfect my game's vehicle mechanics in line with teleportation to my world map room.

I basically require a a script call or plugin command function that can toggle vehicle entry/exit on and off.
This is so that players cannot ever mistakenly teleport there vehicle off to another location that otherwise cannot be re obtained.
It's a complicated map mechanic but works otherwise great.

I also wanted to add a side request to save having to post a different topic but I cannot find a plugin available that allows me to turn a boat/ship/airship transparent like you can in move route commands.

If anyone can help me out this would help me immensely!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lol - we were just talking about this the other day. You have that plugin already because I wrote it for you when you requested it 3 years ago :D

Is it not working the way you need? Or did you just forget you had it and we chatted about it?

To make a vehicle transparent, just do this:
$gameMap.boat.setTransparent(true) or $gameMap.boat.setTransparent(false)
$gameMap.ship.setTransparent(true) or $gameMap.ship.setTransparent(false)
$gameMap.airship.setTransparent(true) or $gameMap.airship.setTransparent(false)

I'm not sure if the airship shadow will make itself visible or not based on transparency of the airship.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I actually had a look at it earlier before posting and I figured it stopped working due to MV versions?

I'll be testing these codes! As for airship shadows I'm not worried about it because I'm certain boats and airships will be all scripted in missions :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's an incredibly simple plugin, and not one of the things that you'd normally expect to be changed between MV versions. Just looking at it, I'm sure it works fine.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just speaking of which, I recall it working fine but as of today when booting the program up the whole mechanic of being unable to leave vehicle in the specific map room is for some reason not working now.
I haven't move anything around or changed anything related so I'm not sure what is happening.

If you have the test file I organized still in your recycle bin you probably would be able to find what is behind this issue but as of this moment i'm still unsure what is happening as I am looking at it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have it in my recycle bin - when I've finished helping someone, I delete their project entirely.

If you want to send it to me again I can take a look - just give me a saved game where the issue is evident so I don't have to figure out how to make it happen.

Or ... the whole thing is just based on a switch being on or off. So if you can't exit, it means the switch is on, so you may have turned it on and forgot to turn it off, or you may be using the same switch for several purposes (and one of them might be a plugin).

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
By default that plugin is meant to be turned off so when the switch allocated for it is turned on it prevents entry/exit from my understanding, but for some reason it's no longer doing that when I have the switches on.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are right - it's meant to be off by default, and when you turn on switch 7 vehicle entry/exit will be disabled.

I don't see any other events or plugins using that switch. No other plugins alias or overwrite the function either.

Yanfly's Event Chase Stealth plugin does do stuff with the function that calls that one, but I don't think it's anything that would stop it from running.

I do notice your Yanfly plugins are wildly out of sequence. If you look on this page:
the order the plugins appear as you scroll down is the order in which they should appear in your plugin list. I don't think putting them in the correct order is going to affect this one way or the other, but it might solve other issues you could be having, or prevent other issues down the track, so you should probably spend some time getting those right. Make sure you start a new game afterwards and don't choose Continue for any previously saved games.

If you can tell me where I have to go, what I have to do, to make the issue happen, I'll be able to do further troubleshooting (map numbers, event ids, etc) - I need it step by step, with as few steps as possible, to get me to the error as quickly as possible.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah I've always left it off because that's how you first told me to configure it which was until earlier today where I discovered it has stopped working. As for some of those plugins mentioned out of order i'll be checking with them again to make sure I have them in working order, some on the bottom on the list I've been switching on and off for recent experiments.

I'll try my best to walk you through the process.

Pretty much what happens is switches 6,7 and 22 are supposed to be turned on at the start of play test via F9 switch activation which sets up the map room mechanics.

To enter the map room you must access the in game menu and find MAP and hit OK.
Doing so without activating the map renders you invisible and unable to interact with menus etc etc.

Common Event 44
Acts as the handout for player and party when teleported to the map room.
If the player is inside a vehicle (boat) the player graphic and the vehicle are supposed to turn invisible and the switch 7 turns on which disables vehicle entry/exit. After these checks are made the common event stores the players previous coordinates in seperate variables 85,83 and 84 for when the player returns from the map room.
*Currently vehicle transparency is yet to be implemented properly as well as the speed settings that apply to the vehicle inside the map room specifically*
Each room has an event that changes a variable value when entered, this is used to alter where the player is teleported in the map room to show where you are positioned, this also spawns white markers on the regions indicating what area of the city map you are in.
For this instance the starting island Garrison has it's own value that checks over all the handout location for these.

On the bottom left side of the room Archtross Primary Map there is an event that handles the white markers that spawn as well as the return function. When pressing OK or cancel the event activates common event 45 which turns on switches 6 and 7 and uses the
stored coordinates previously to return the player to the area before activating the map function.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just to further ask, is there a better more efficient way to do this with the least amount of plugins?
I feel some of the map plugins are way to dependent on annoying script calls and other such methods but the vehicle prevent entry/exit is definitely essential I'm just currently struggling on how to it to work again.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might have missed my response to your PM. I thought you said you got it working, and I pointed out that in the demo you gave me, the plugin had been turned off, and did you still need help. I need you to give me steps to reproduce the issue - what map I need to be on, what actions I need to take, what events (ids) I need to interact with. I just don't want to spend half an hour exploring around trying to figure it out.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah the forum not updating me of any new emails or new posts to this thread is making it difficult to keep track of what is going on.

As far as things have gone, I've made no progress in fixing this, I can't understand what is causing it to malfunction even though I had not tampered with it since it was working last, I even opened old versions I made on my external hardrive that shared the same plugins/common events etc that I know at the time worked, I can't wrap my head around what is going on.

I'll try help you run through this.
For starters the game project I have given to you should start you in' New Reno strip' that is where I start my tests usually. As mentioned before the plugin that prevents vehicle entry should be set by default OFF in the plugin list, if you activate switches 6, 7 and 22 and then go to the player menu where you should find 'map' on the top of the list. These switches allow you to teleport to the map room even if you are using the car (boat)

Once in the map room there is a hidden parallel process event situated on the bottom left that handles the exit functions, pressing back or OK is supposed to transport you back to the area you were previously in WITH the vehicle and visible.

If you need more details I will quote my earlier post that follows more into the specifics.

Pretty much what happens is switches 6,7 and 22 are supposed to be turned on at the start of play test via F9 switch activation which sets up the map room mechanics.

To enter the map room you must access the in game menu and find MAP and hit OK.
Doing so without activating the map renders you invisible and unable to interact with menus etc etc.

Common Event 44
Acts as the handout for player and party when teleported to the map room.
If the player is inside a vehicle (boat) the player graphic and the vehicle are supposed to turn invisible and the switch 7 turns on which disables vehicle entry/exit. After these checks are made the common event stores the players previous coordinates in seperate variables 85,83 and 84 for when the player returns from the map room.
*Currently vehicle transparency is yet to be implemented properly as well as the speed settings that apply to the vehicle inside the map room specifically*
Each room has an event that changes a variable value when entered, this is used to alter where the player is teleported in the map room to show where you are positioned, this also spawns white markers on the regions indicating what area of the city map you are in.
For this instance the starting island Garrison has it's own value that checks over all the handout location for these.

On the bottom left side of the room Archtross Primary Map there is an event that handles the white markers that spawn as well as the return function. When pressing OK or cancel the event activates common event 45 which turns on switches 6 and 7 and uses the
stored coordinates previously to return the player to the area before activating the map function.
I hope this helps you understand my way of thinking on this map mechanic.
I should also mention that my MV version is currently at 1.6.2, the plugins as numerous as they are where before I had encountered this problem coexisted, you mention this shouldn't be an issue but I figure you may want to explore the map mechanic's process before I alter the plugins further.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Rylo