leelahmleo

Piper McManamon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I have a vehicle in a map on RPG Maker VX Ace, it doesn't show up in the game and I have no idea why. Does the fact that it's in a field have anything to do with it? The vehicle is an airship. I experienced the problem in other (non field) maps but I never really cared since I didn't need it then, but now I do. Could someone please help? 

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Maybe you have a script that breaks them.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you post the event where you are setting the vehicle so we can see what you're doing and maybe spot what the problem is.  Without info it's not possible to answer your query.

leelahmleo

Piper McManamon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you post the event where you are setting the vehicle so we can see what you're doing and maybe spot what the problem is.  Without info it's not possible to answer your query.
I'm not sure how to do that whoops

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Possible reasons:

1. You changed the graphic for them in the database (System tab), and did not use proper image formatting. Make sure to follow the same graphic sheets as the default ones do.

You can use a 3x4 sheet if the name of the image starts with a $ sign. Otherwise you can use a 12x8 sheet for your vehicles, and this sheet can contain 8 vehicle graphics (each with their own 3x4 sheet) at once.

2. You did not set a starting point for them.

3. A custom script modifies the display of them.

There could be others, but these are the ones I can think of now.

leelahmleo

Piper McManamon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Possible reasons:

1. You changed the graphic for them in the database (System tab), and did not use proper image formatting. Make sure to follow the same graphic sheets as the default ones do.

You can use a 3x4 sheet if the name of the image starts with a $ sign. Otherwise you can use a 12x8 sheet for your vehicles, and this sheet can contain 8 vehicle graphics (each with their own 3x4 sheet) at once.

2. You did not set a starting point for them.

3. A custom script modifies the display of them.

There could be others, but these are the ones I can think of now.
Reason 1 was it, thanks! Also your profile pic is so cute!

EDIT: never mind it didn't work?? idk

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:
anyone else 'round here gonna be doing the retro game jam that's starting in a few days on itch.io?
I also wanted to say that my bro brought back nostalgia and got me a GBA SP for my birthday! Ah, the memories of Pokémon Sapphire and LeafGreen! It came in a gray shell but he ordered a red one so it'd look like the one I had as a kid. It looks brand new!
qhE9zC8.jpg
LsluASM.jpg
It's minus 50 out today, ugh. I'm so freaking cold. =_=;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonalon