That Random Programmer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Vektor Weather System v1.0
TheVektorKnight/Derek de la Peza
Introduction
This is an enhanced weather system that I recently developed for a project I am involved in as the lead programmer. Realizing it might be useful to other developers, I decided to release it to the public. This system primarily enhances the vanilla weather class by rewriting some of the effects to be a bit more aesthetically pleasing and exposes a number of parameters for customization.

*Being a part of another project, this plugin is under active development. I will update this topic following any major updates to the code. I still have a lot of features that I plan to add in the future so keep an eye on this topic should you decide to use this plugin. Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome.

Features
- Exposes a number of parameters for customization

- Adds a new sandstorm weather effect

- New effects can be added with a bit of coding knowledge

Screenshots

0szhS4h.png

How to Use
Simply download the attached JS file and place it in your project's plugins folder. The plugins folder can be found in (projectfolder\js\plugins). Finally enable "VEK_WeatherSystem" in the plugins manager and tweak the values as you see fit.

To set a weather effect simply use a Plugin Command in the following format:

Code:
Plugin Command Format: [VektorWeather type power duration]
 * Types: rain, storm, snow, sandstorm
 * Power: Value between 1 and 9 inclusive
 * Duration: Fade-in duration in frames

Examples:
VektorWeather rain 7 1
VektorWeather storm 9 1
VektorWeather snow 4 30
VektorWeather sandstorm 9 60

FAQQ: Can I use the "Set Weather Effect" event command with this plugin? A: Yes though you won't be able to access any additional effects added by the plugin.Credit and Thanks- TheVektorKnight/Derek de la PezaUsage TermsMay be used in any free or commercial project with proper credit.

View attachment VEK_WeatherSystem.js

Last edited by a moderator:

kkkkkk23

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
mandarin
Primarily Uses
causes some weird incompatibilities with the terrax lighting system, to be exact, I can no longer use the terraxlighting plugin commands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you get the weather to stop?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, people are trying to quit my team because I can't code. Where's the dancing blob emoji when I need it?
My home state baseball team is going back to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I remember when they went in 1995 and won, that was like the best day of my life. (I'm a huge baseball fan and yes I'm talking about the Braves).
FL Studio is a huge step up from LMMS but I'm having such a tough time with it D:<

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flex4ce