Ephiam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
23r3bth.jpg.1a76f5950a383ab8006705031a353692.jpg

Lord Zadigan has summoned the dread Tower of Venaitura from the depths of theDark World of Radunga and is using it to spread his evil influence across the the land. He has dispatched his finest combatants, the Six Purveyors of Doom, to retrieve the only six artifacts capable of stopping him.

Summon four Champions from the Realm of Heroes and lead them across Tsufanaon a journey to thwart the malevolent Lord of Monsterkind. Shall you banish Zadigan and his vile conjurings back to Radunga in a bid to restore peace to the world forevermore? Or will the forces of darkness at long last overthrow the realm of light?

Only you can decide.​

In this harrowing tale of Good VS Evil, you'll assemble a party of Four Champions from Nine available Character Classes and lead them on an arduous journey to topple Lord Zadigan's forces. You'll conquer six distinct lands wrought with monsters and other nefarious ne'er-do-wells as you aim to destroy the Six Purveyors of Doom and end the misery brought in their wake.

As it has always been, my latest project has taken a page from Dragon Quest/Warrior's book and focuses on the journey more so than the destination. Each continent and island you'll visit while traversing the vast world of Tsufana is complete with its own self-contained tale involving one of Zadigan's Purveyors of Doom and a Heavenly Artifact.

"Venaitura" builds heavily upon what I attempted with both "Dragon Fantasy 2" and "Dragon Fantasy: Heroes of Tsufana". Unlike its predecessors however, you're given free reign over how to assemble your party; the "Hero" class is no longer mandatory! There's also slightly more focus on the story and character interaction/dialogue than my other "retro/classic" projects, but the adventure and exploration will (as always) be at the forefront.

874890201_NakedOldGuy.png.9c3cdaca208d6fd7cc019502f493aa0c.png

Chipset_Testing.png.9936d1413993a753b3feafb0dc93d2b5.png

NewTown02.png.c67f16772fce58a1e3a678bcc708a7b3.png

First_Boss.png.b8af1379ac3ac96d0e2d5a92bb94b6cd.png

SlightlyUpdated.png.28199e3fbf06e7b0c875d7158b49abc9.png

Credits:
Mirak (composer)
truthHarbinger (graphics)
Bfxr (sound effects)
ENTERBRAIN for RPG Maker 2000 (Official Steam version)

Game Page:
https://rpgmaker.net/games/10892/

We've got a Discord! Come chat with us and get up-to-date information regarding Venaitura's progress (and perhaps other juicy details):
JOIN US!

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
aaayyy! you finally brought it over!

Ephiam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Yes! I finally got enough content created to actually start posting this elsewhere!

OneManIndie

THE One-Man Indie!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Looking good so far I am following.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As someone who has played your previous games (Chronicles of Tsufanubra and Heroes of Tsufana) I'm looking forward to seeing this.

However, if I could make a suggestion it would be this - trust your writing skills more (you have them!) and use balloon icons less. For example, I don't need to see a question mark balloon immediately before a character asks a question. It adds nothing, but does slow the dialogue down and breaks its dynamic flow. I remember sections where there seemed to be a balloon before almost every bit of dialogue, and just encourages massive click-through, at least for me.

Ephiam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Thanks! I cannot WAIT to push that demo out the door. But unlike CoT, this game's MUCH lighter on story and dialogue, and instead focuses on exploration. Other than that, yeah, I do agree that I abused the "emotion balloons" a little TOO much =B

Ephiam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
A demo is now available for download and is being hosted on RMN! Check out the link provided in the main/opening post.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks fancy. Dragon warrior's aesthetic has always had a place in my heart.

Ephiam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I absolutely love it! And Dragon Warrior IV was so creative with its use of its limited tileset.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My mom is finally coming home tonight! In the meantime, Wishful Wanda is back in production.
SA51K_SHADER_IDLE.gifZombie is not the only thing people turned into in this town. There is also something else here. Something has many different names in history, the plague, the black oil, the purity, the filth. And now, it's called the shade.
(Maybe too much X-File reference. :kaojoy:)
Thanks, google for putting together a random pixel art Olympics game in your logo that puts everything I've ever done to shame in pretty much every aspect. ;)
Chizuru
chizuru.png

anyway, i just recovered from Covid.
Work's been delayed for a month but now i'm back drawing again.
Ah yes i learned how to make name boxes Im now profeshonal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pictureperfect