Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
verloren_starcrossedlogosml.png

In Space, no one can hear you cry... or something like that.

You've been chosen as a replacement Mechanic for the Orion. A starship engaging in a diplomatic mission to the Akeh Space Station in the Canis Major System. All was going well, you entered cryo sleep in a backup cryo chamber and waited for your designated shift. Sure, it was going to take a few years but there were reasons you left Earth.

Only... you've been awakened by a warning and there doesn't seem to be anyone aboard other than these strange aliens who look nothing like the ones you're supposed to meet at Akeh. And they all want something from you.

Verloren: Starcrossed is a VN inspired by various sci-fi shows and movies but mostly from Farscape, Pandorum and Lost in Space.

IBenvoy540.png
IBcaptain540.png
IBellis540.png
IBengineer540.png

The story begins with our protagonist waking up on the Orion during a cyropod failure. Discovering themselves alone, they quickly set out to find someone - anyone - else before succumbing to unconsciousness. Found by an unknown alien, and then brought onboard a ship of further unknown origin, they must unravel the mystery of exactly why they were the only crew member found on the Orion which has now been claimed by the unusual crew of the Oriodos. Along the way, it's clear that each member of the Oriodos crew has their own reasons for being there.

ss0.png
ss1.png
ss2.png
ss3.png

• Mismatched Save/Load/Setting Screens don't fit with the design of the Title Page. Currently waiting until I finalize what I want for Title Page before editing the others.
  • No CGI gallery. Might not have one in the final game so the "Extras" link doesn't lead anywhere and just error noises.
  • Ctrl for speeding through the game errors out randomly but this is something on the part of VNMaker itself. I'm currently looking for ways around this.

All Art is either VNMaker standard or drawn by myself.

Music

Sci-fi Music Pack [Copyright](C) Joel Steudler
Android Dreams
Stardust Memory
Memories of Home

Futuristic Atmospheres [Copyright](C) 2013 Joel Steudler
Nebula Cloud

Demo can be found on the Starcrossed Itch.io page

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got about 10k words written and another 10k programmed in for dialogue as well as finished up the basic facial emotions for the other two Oriodas Ship members. This has led to some minor changes with their designs but otherwise, I'm pretty happy with how things are looking. I'm still debating whether I want to do speaking animations and face movements.

Here's the basic face movements for Xanthir.

xanthir_animate.gif

I've also spent some time trying to figure out Butler for uploading so hopefully the two new demos uploaded all right. Going forward, it should make it easier to continue one play to a new version.

The new demos aren't much longer than the initial one that was up but it does show the four crew members.

I think I've resolved the bug for ctrl-speeding as it has not occurred since I changed what sprites are where. Will continue to keep an eye on it.

For this week, going to be testing out the opinion system further and getting more of Chapter One programmed in. The demo won't be updated again until after that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files
"The bigger the person, the longer the wait"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainbowkombat