Version Control/ Manage to collaborate Online.

NatuElChido

Rookie Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

To keep things simple, I wanna know what is the best Version Control tool to work between two people.

Now I am studying Computer Science, so I am quite familiar with GitHub and Google Drive. However, I don't know which tool would be better for managing the changes the team would make to the database and maps. My question really comes from not knowing how fragile .json database files and other types of RPG Maker system files are.
My problem with each platform is:

Github: Github changes the line break to the format that Linux uses, obviously I'm working in a Windows PC, so I don't know if this change can the affected files. Also, to update the project it is necessary to do a pull of approximately 400 MB.

Drive: I can't get my files back as easily as on GitHub if something happens. This may seem like a small complaint but in development if it happens we could lose months of progress.

I want to know your advice and experiences using a version control tool to make remote modifications to a project, as well as the impact of uploading and downloading data, if they lose / gain information and, in general, learn more about What would be the best option to handle a large project.

Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgmakernoob