Very situational questions about project names, game titles, names in folders, and changes

48Tentacles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, I am the kind of tentacle that likes to plan ahead, way ahead, and I'm sure there are more experienced users or tentacles who feel the same way when they are starting the project. I felt I wanted to give this disclaimer because of my low amount of messages published in this forum to be clear. I just like anticipating things beforehand.

And I'm using the v1.6.2 version of RPG Maker MV. In case this is important.

Here's what I'm planning:

My game will initially be named as "Project [Insert generic name here]", I don't want to give the definitive name for meteorological events involving a certain broken window. Something like "Project Red Ten" or "Project /8%6". I'm also planning to release early alphas of the game for everyone to give me feedback and improve.

So let's say that I make a game with the Name and Game Title "Project Generic". That would result in the program creating a folder in my documents named "Project Generic". I release a first version of the game for people to play, then the second version, and so on until probably a 15th version of the game.

Then let's say I decide to change (somehow) the name of the project, and go for "Eating Frogs" as the definitive title. From then on, the next versions of the game will be named that way until the end of development and final release.

I got a few questions:

• I know that you can change the game title in your Database menu. But will it result in the folder name being changed?
  • If not, what is the safest method to change the folder name of my game without affecting the logistics of the files of the game (audio, images...)? I imagine that right-clicking the name of the folder would do the trick, but I want some confirmation.
  • After I renamed the project from Project Generic to Eating Frogs, will the folder names be changed too?

I may have more questions depending of the answers.

Thank you for reading. Have a good day!

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. No. It'll only change the game title (the name you see on the game window)
2. Just rename it normally. It won't affect anything. Make sure the game isn't running and afaik there's some naming rules. Like there can't be spaces, unsupported symbols etc.
3. I don't really understand this question but this thing isn't that complex and renaming folder/project is completely safe.

Last edited:

48Tentacles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3. I don't really understand this question but this thing isn't that complex and renaming folder/project is completely safe.

Thank you for the response, Hyo!

To reply your third point. I didn't realize that the 1st and 3rd questions were the same. I'm not good at communicating when it comes to very far-fetched topics.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaguaru