FG246

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englis
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, so I set the 'VE_ATB_ESCAPE_TYPE' as key,
and for some reason, when I press L and R (Q and W) while in battle to test out the running away being set as key, this error appears. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've seen some people get this error and they haven't found a solution.
71.PNG

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
skipping the convoluted explanations here, there are basically only two ways how that error could happen:
1) you used several scripts that are incompatible to each other
2) you told the engine to use an actor that is not defined in the database. Like telling it "please use actor ID 7" if you have only 4 actors in the database and the actor ID 7 did not exist.

the second option is the more probable one and usually happens if you configured the script or the database in the wrong way.

FG246

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englis
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
skipping the convoluted explanations here, there are basically only two ways how that error could happen:
1) you used several scripts that are incompatible to each other
2) you told the engine to use an actor that is not defined in the database. Like telling it "please use actor ID 7" if you have only 4 actors in the database and the actor ID 7 did not exist.

the second option is the more probable one and usually happens if you configured the script or the database in the wrong way.
Ah ok. The first method shouldn't work then because I made a new project, added in the script, and didn't edit anything else, and it showed the error when I tried to run away.

So how would I make it to tell the script to use Actor *Insert Number* ID so it can work or something like that?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
and didn't edit anything else,
that is probably your problem.

Script usually require configuration, and that means editing them.
the script probably retains that actor ID as a default and you get the error because you didn't reconfigure the script to fit your own game.

I suggest you follow the link to "how to use a script" in my signature - some formatting was destroyed by forum updates years ago, but the important points should still be readable.

FG246

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englis
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
that is probably your problem.

Script usually require configuration, and that means editing them.
the script probably retains that actor ID as a default and you get the error because you didn't reconfigure the script to fit your own game.

I suggest you follow the link to "how to use a script" in my signature - some formatting was destroyed by forum updates years ago, but the important points should still be readable.
Ok, little update, and sorry for the extremely late response. I actually did find a fix for it. I just didn't look deep enough. I found the fix thanks to this:

Thx for helping though.
Although Victor really does need to fix this.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnderMon