CraigCameron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys! This is my first post in here, so let me know if I need to give any more information.

I am using Victor's Animated Battle Engine, and trying to use Kaduki battlers. I was recently using the engine with Holder's battlers, and while the battlers themselves worked, I would constantly get an error message whenever trying to revive a character.

Now that I am trying to use Kaduki battlers I am still receiving an error when reviving.

This is the error message I am getting whenever I try to revive a character:

Script 'VE | Animated Battles' line 2624: NoMethodError occuredundefined method 'call_pose' for #<Game_Actor:0x8b8754c>And this is the code referenced around line 2624 of that script where there seems to be an error.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Alias method: revive  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive  def revive    call_pose:)revive, :clear)    revive_ve_animated_battle  endThis is straight out of Victor's script. I didn't change anything.

Any and all help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Euphoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is probably because Kaduki battler's don't have a revive pose as far as I know, do you have the settings in the module set to apply to kaduki characters? It might help if you take a picture of your script settings.

CraigCameron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is everything I can find in the script to how I have the characters set up, and how they relate to "revive".

#   class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase#     def initialize#     def item_apply(user, item)#     def make_damage_value(user, item)#     def regenerate_hp#     def die#     def revive

Code:
# Main Poses  # name:       row,    idle:      1,   # Idle pose    guard:     2,   # Guard pose    evade:     2,   # Evade pose    danger:    3,   # Low HP pose    hurt:      4,   # Damage pose    attack:    5,   # Physical attack pose    use:       6,   # No type use pose    item:      6,   # Item use pose    skill:     7,   # Skill use pose    magic:     8,   # Magic use pose    advance:   9,   # Advance pose    retreat:   10,  # Retreat pose    escape:    10,  # Escape pose    victory:   11,  # Victory pose    intro:     12,  # Battle start pose    dead:      13,  # Incapacited pose    ready:     nil, # Ready pose    itemcast:  nil, # Item cast pose    skillcast: nil, # Skill cast pose    magiccast: nil, # Magic cast pose    command:   nil, # Command pose    input:     nil, # Input pose    cancel:    nil, # Cancel pose    # You can add other pose names and call them within the action settings    # use only lowcase letters    # IMPORTANT: the ready, itemcast, skillcast, magiccast, command, input and    # cancel poses are skiped if nil, no matter what you setup on the pose    # setting, so even using charset mode you need to setup a value to turn    # on these poses.  } # Don't remove
In the above code, I tried adding this: 

revive: 1,or

revive: nil,I figured that would at least set a reference frame whenever the script called for :revive, but it didn't change anything.

This is how my characters are set up:

'$Aurora'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},                       '$Clair'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},                       '$Emmett'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},                       '$Preston'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},This is listed in the section "Sample settings for battlers tagged as 'kaduki' style"

# Pose displayed when reviving    <action: revive, reset>    </action>This is also in the code:

# * Alias method: revive  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive  def revive    call_pose:)revive, :clear)    revive_ve_animated_battle  end

That is all I can find in the script related to "revive". I am very new to all this, and this is an incredibly complex script for me, so I am sure I have missed something :D

Euphoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
#1 I may be blind, but I looked several times, and didn't see a revive option in the second picture at all...

#2 You need to change this part as well (I put stars by the parts you need to change things to):

VE_DEFAULT_SPRITE = { # Basic Settings # name: value, frames: ***3***, # Number of frames rows: ***4***, # Number of rows ox: 0, # Adjust sprite X position oy: 0, # Adjust sprite Y position mirror: true, # Mirror battler when facing right invert: false, # Invert the battler graphic mode: :***charset***, # Graphic style :)sprite or :chasert) action: :***kaduki***, # Action settings # IMPORTANT: using the ox: and oy: value will make the battle animation to # be moved also, if you want to adjust the battler position without # changing the position of the animation, use the script # 'VE - Animations Settings' together with the batte.Have you done that?

If that doesn't work you could try changing:

# * Alias method: revive #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive def revive call_pose:)revive, :clear) revive_ve_animated_battle endTo:

Code:
# * Alias method: revive  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive  def revive    call_pose(:idle, :clear)    revive_ve_animated_battle  end

CraigCameron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got the problem fixed! Yay! 

Unfortunately none of those suggestions did the trick, however, while looking through the rest of the code, there were no other instances of 

call_pose:)idle, :clear)Everywhere else it was written like this

poses.call_pose:)idle, :clear)Once I changed that line, everything worked! I do have another problem now though, and I assume that I should technically start a new topic about it.

Thanks again!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How funny would it be if one of us remade "The Town With No Name" in RPG Maker?
I miss my friends from the work experience program... maybe once I move, I'll have a little party with them. I'll even show them my games and perhaps my puppets. Did you know I make working puppets?
Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.
How comes, when you are fearful to log anywhere, that somebody close passed from COVID and you learn too late, you suddenly are mortified that others who almost share BDay dates didn't answer the art you made for them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanzLuther