CraigCameron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Guys! This is my first post in here, so let me know if I need to give any more information.

I am using Victor's Animated Battle Engine, and trying to use Kaduki battlers. I was recently using the engine with Holder's battlers, and while the battlers themselves worked, I would constantly get an error message whenever trying to revive a character.

Now that I am trying to use Kaduki battlers I am still receiving an error when reviving.

This is the error message I am getting whenever I try to revive a character:

Script 'VE | Animated Battles' line 2624: NoMethodError occuredundefined method 'call_pose' for #<Game_Actor:0x8b8754c>And this is the code referenced around line 2624 of that script where there seems to be an error.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Alias method: revive  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive  def revive    call_pose:)revive, :clear)    revive_ve_animated_battle  endThis is straight out of Victor's script. I didn't change anything.

Any and all help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Euphoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is probably because Kaduki battler's don't have a revive pose as far as I know, do you have the settings in the module set to apply to kaduki characters? It might help if you take a picture of your script settings.

CraigCameron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is everything I can find in the script to how I have the characters set up, and how they relate to "revive".

#   class Game_Battler < Game_BattlerBase#     def initialize#     def item_apply(user, item)#     def make_damage_value(user, item)#     def regenerate_hp#     def die#     def revive

Code:
# Main Poses  # name:       row,    idle:      1,   # Idle pose    guard:     2,   # Guard pose    evade:     2,   # Evade pose    danger:    3,   # Low HP pose    hurt:      4,   # Damage pose    attack:    5,   # Physical attack pose    use:       6,   # No type use pose    item:      6,   # Item use pose    skill:     7,   # Skill use pose    magic:     8,   # Magic use pose    advance:   9,   # Advance pose    retreat:   10,  # Retreat pose    escape:    10,  # Escape pose    victory:   11,  # Victory pose    intro:     12,  # Battle start pose    dead:      13,  # Incapacited pose    ready:     nil, # Ready pose    itemcast:  nil, # Item cast pose    skillcast: nil, # Skill cast pose    magiccast: nil, # Magic cast pose    command:   nil, # Command pose    input:     nil, # Input pose    cancel:    nil, # Cancel pose    # You can add other pose names and call them within the action settings    # use only lowcase letters    # IMPORTANT: the ready, itemcast, skillcast, magiccast, command, input and    # cancel poses are skiped if nil, no matter what you setup on the pose    # setting, so even using charset mode you need to setup a value to turn    # on these poses.  } # Don't remove
In the above code, I tried adding this: 

revive: 1,or

revive: nil,I figured that would at least set a reference frame whenever the script called for :revive, but it didn't change anything.

This is how my characters are set up:

'$Aurora'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},                       '$Clair'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},                       '$Emmett'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},                       '$Preston'   => {frames: 3, rows: 4, mirror: true, invert: false,                     mode: :charset, action: :kaduki},This is listed in the section "Sample settings for battlers tagged as 'kaduki' style"

# Pose displayed when reviving    <action: revive, reset>    </action>This is also in the code:

# * Alias method: revive  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive  def revive    call_pose:)revive, :clear)    revive_ve_animated_battle  end

That is all I can find in the script related to "revive". I am very new to all this, and this is an incredibly complex script for me, so I am sure I have missed something :D

Euphoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
#1 I may be blind, but I looked several times, and didn't see a revive option in the second picture at all...

#2 You need to change this part as well (I put stars by the parts you need to change things to):

VE_DEFAULT_SPRITE = { # Basic Settings # name: value, frames: ***3***, # Number of frames rows: ***4***, # Number of rows ox: 0, # Adjust sprite X position oy: 0, # Adjust sprite Y position mirror: true, # Mirror battler when facing right invert: false, # Invert the battler graphic mode: :***charset***, # Graphic style :)sprite or :chasert) action: :***kaduki***, # Action settings # IMPORTANT: using the ox: and oy: value will make the battle animation to # be moved also, if you want to adjust the battler position without # changing the position of the animation, use the script # 'VE - Animations Settings' together with the batte.Have you done that?

If that doesn't work you could try changing:

# * Alias method: revive #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive def revive call_pose:)revive, :clear) revive_ve_animated_battle endTo:

Code:
# * Alias method: revive  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  alias :revive_ve_animated_battle :revive  def revive    call_pose(:idle, :clear)    revive_ve_animated_battle  end

CraigCameron

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I got the problem fixed! Yay! 

Unfortunately none of those suggestions did the trick, however, while looking through the rest of the code, there were no other instances of 

call_pose:)idle, :clear)Everywhere else it was written like this

poses.call_pose:)idle, :clear)Once I changed that line, everything worked! I do have another problem now though, and I assume that I should technically start a new topic about it.

Thanks again!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingxjosh01