Victor Engine Pixel Movement - Blocked Tiles

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Tagger101, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tagger101

Tagger101 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi all, I've searched and searched for solutions to this problem and, through what few threads I've found, can't seem to fix this issue. I'm using Victor's Pixel Movement script (see the end of my post for the script) and can't get the <over tile> comment to function as intended.

To sum up the issue, pixel movement won't allow the player to interact with any event that's set to be triggered by the "Action Button" while placed over an impassible tile. The explained way around this is to add the comment <over tile> to the event in question, however no matter what I do this won't work for me. It's not a script incompatibility issue, as I've tried this in a clean project with only Victor's scripts.

Now from what I've searched, this comment has worked for others. The only other solution I've seen (from 2014) was to get rid of all custom tilesets, which I've tried to no avail.

This is a major issue for me, as I've been working on this game for a while now and this one (seemingly fixable) hiccup threatens to halt all production indefinitely. Can anyone take a look and possibly help me out? Attached is a screenshot of my simple test event, a bush with an "Action Button" event placed over it, with the comment <over tile>. This doesn't work for me at all. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

upload_2019-7-7_18-1-29.png

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. LvdvE

LvdvE Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I also use the script and for me the comment <over tile> works.
    From what I see of your message, I think the problem is that your event has no appearance in Graphic. I tried and actually it does not work, surely it takes an appearance to an event for the <over tile> to work.

3. Tagger101

Tagger101 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @LvdvE You're absolutely right, it needs a graphic for some odd reason. If left blank it won't work at all. Thanks for the observation! Hopefully this will help others. A mod can close this thread as needed.

4. LvdvE

LvdvE Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Glad to have been able to help !

5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.