Victor Engine's Damage Popup Compatibility Fix on Yanfly's Battle Engine?

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

While I was looking at the Battle system Yanfly made for VX Ace, it was awesome and would popup any state that was applied / cured. However, when I found out it wasn't, I wanted to find a plugin that would do it, but I haven't :/ 

Shortly after, I found Victor Engine's Damage Popup and it had this state popup just like I was after! But in the end, Victor Engine's Damage Popup doesn't go with Yanfly's Battle Engine...

So my request is:

Could someone make Victor Engine's Damage Popup Compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine? Since Victor said that he won't update his plugins for compatibility, I checked on his terms of use and it says that it is allowed to modify his plugins for our personal use as long as we provide credits to Victor.

I would like being able to see this sometime soon! Thank you and sorry for my english!

EDIT: I changed my request! The request now is:

Can someone make a State Popup plugin? It would be compatible with other battle huds and popup for both actors and enemies

Last edited by a moderator:

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
bump... please? no responses?

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I would also love a compatibility between the two. Victors popups are very nice, but don't work well with Yanflys Absorption Barriers, or with any sort of custom targeting/custom damage with Yanfly Damage Core, and Target Core.

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Give me a list of everything that is incompatible and how to test it and I'll see if I can make a patch.

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX I couldn't even find the source of the problem now xD

I'm going to change my request a bit: Can you make a plugin to Popup States on enemies or actors? It would be compatible with MOG_BattleHud and others of the sort.

This request should be easier compared to fixing compatibility between a couple of plugins :p  

EDIT: List of Plugins used for conflict:

- Yanfly's Battle Engine (including Core)

- Victor Engine Damage Popup (including Core)

- MogHunter's Battle Hud

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I need this fix or damage pop up, too!
Victors pop up works only half. I have mog battle hud and that dont show the absorb barrier in the life gauges or something.
Second one, the vitor damage pop up only works, if the actors attack the enemy. But if the enemy attacks the actors, then the pop ups from yanflys battle engine only appears.

I hope dreamX give us a nice fix :D

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Here's an extension. If you're using frontview and want popups displayed on the battle hud, you should use it with Yanfly's Battle Status Window. There's a parameter that is on by default so you can display popups above the windows (good for frontview).

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_Ext_VE_DamagePopup.js

I haven't tested it extensively but I have tested damage, add state popups and add buff popups. The rest probably also work, but let me know if there is something I missed.

It isn't compatible with Mog's Battle Hud. Mog's Battle Hud changes a lot and uses a lot of it's own functions instead of modifying base/Battle Engine Core functions and has no documentation, so at the moment at least I'm not going to be spending time to make compatibility.

I would suggest either asking MogHunter to make a compatibility patch or to use Yanfly's Battle Status Window (I have an extension here). I may add in some features similar to Mog's Battle Hud if asked.

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX Darm, I really wanted it to be compatible with MOG Battle Hud but oh well, thanks for the fix! :D  

And so I decided to ask of you if you are able to provide vertical Battle Status window, I asked it on your extension page of Yanfly's Battle Status Menu :p  

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The Plugin works!
But it crashed, if Yanflys Absorb Barrier is enabled.

Can you fix it? Or its my fault?
I disabled mog hud and mog actor commands and if i turned absorb barrier off, it starts and work fine!

I dont get a crash when mog scripts are on....at the moment :D

It is not compatible like dream said. Sadly. With mog it dont work.

But for everyone else, without mog, it works :/ :)

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Bump!

Absorb Barriere crashs :(

tevak

Kara Zor-El of Earth-23
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DreamX is there any chance for an update on this? There are multiple incompatibilities with Yanfly plugins, namely the absorption barrier and what it looks like could be the action sequences?

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DreamX is there any chance for an update on this? There are multiple incompatibilities with Yanfly plugins, namely the absorption barrier and what it looks like could be the action sequences?
I'm actually having trouble getting Absorption Barriers to work in general (without using victorsant's popup plugin). If you could use Himeworks' Small Demo project to prepare a demo showing the incompatibilities and then upload it to dropbox, I would highly appreciate it and would probably be able to update with compatibility.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm actually having trouble getting Absorption Barriers to work in general (without using victorsant's popup plugin). If you could use Himeworks' Small Demo project to prepare a demo showing the incompatibilities and then upload it to dropbox, I would highly appreciate it and would probably be able to update with compatibility.

Here is the demo for you.

Sorry i dont get a email or something, that you answered here. I hope you can create a solution =)

https://mega.nz/#F!6sNj2Drb!RVH_osBAFbrfKAOnsPcukw

Tatsumaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi :) i cant understand what is happening? DreamX extension works B) until you use any YEP Action Sequence:
<target action>
move user: targets, front head, 15
wait for movement
perform action
motion attack: user
action animation: target
move user: targets, back center, 7
wait for movement
motion attack: user, mirror
move user: targets, front center, 7
wait for movement
wait for animation
action effect
death break
action effect
death break
</target action>

The damage popup only displays 1 time :( instead off the 2 "action effect" commands :headshake: is this correct or do i have a bug in my game?:popcorn:

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly Battle Core have very few options for Damage Popup compared to Victor's Damage Popup plugin, so i would love to see a well-working compatible patch for these two plugins (or can we modify Yanfly's plugin to add more options in damage popup?).

Tatsumaro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Primarily Uses
RMMV
compatible patch for Yanfly Battle Core and Victor's Damage Popup :mrsatan: I LOVE THIS IDEA.:thumbsup-left:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Dev stream today, come on by and ask questions about rpg maker!
Fun fact: If your story introduces a variety of different races, the "human race" will automatically become the most corrupt race in general.
Finally finished my late start entry for the jam. Now. I. Sleep.
Just made 3 easy, simple and small MZ plugins today(12 hours straight), and I never thought I could ever do this.
Now I feel myself being very productive, even though I know I'm just utterly flattering myself lol
Mind: "I have cool ideas! Let's make it real!

Body: "You wanna make sumthin? I'm in."

Eyes: "Go to sleep, go to sleep."

*Sleep*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmisk