RMMZ Video before the title screen

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I know many script of this kind exist but they jsut have to much fonctionality for me.
Most of the script that allow to put a video in intro is by teleporting user on a map and let they make even from that map like play movie. But what I looking for its a script purely just to play a video before the title screen.
Parameter interesting will be to have the option to allow or not the rpg maker logo first and allow or not to skip video by pressing the keyboard.

Thanks for your help.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know many script of this kind exist but they jsut have to much fonctionality for me.
Most of the script that allow to put a video in intro is by teleporting user on a map and let they make even from that map like play movie. But what I looking for its a script purely just to play a video before the title screen.
Parameter interesting will be to have the option to allow or not the rpg maker logo first and allow or not to skip video by pressing the keyboard.

Thanks for your help.
Since I already did most of the legwork getting videos to play on the titlescreen for your other request, I should be able to get a video to play before the titlescreen loads as well.

I'll start working on it soon, I'll post again when it's ready.

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Since I already did most of the legwork getting videos to play on the titlescreen for your other request, I should be able to get a video to play before the titlescreen loads as well.

I'll start working on it soon, I'll post again when it's ready.
oh that so much apreciate =:0)
I guess you can fuse both plugging together.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oh that so much apreciate =:0)
I guess you can fuse both plugging together.
I chose to make this its own thing, rather than try to roll it into that other requested plugin.

This plugin loads a new scene (Scene_PretitleSplash) before it loads the title scene. Once accessed, the scene displays a series of user defined splash images, or splash videos, in the order they are defined in the plugin parameters.
The various wait times are configurable, as well as what happens when a user presses a key, or clicks the mouse, either skipping the current screen, or all remaining screens, or nothing at all.
Once it runs out of splash screens to show, it moves to the title screen, as normal.

Terms of Use:
  • Free for commercial and non-commercial use, with credit to me, Ramza.
  • Do not edit the header of this plugin, or claim sole ownership of it.
  • Editing the plugin to add new features, or fix compatibility problems is allowed.
  • Redistributing this plugin is also allowed.

Took a bit longer than I thought, since I don't work with sprites at all usually, it took me a while to figure out how to actually draw images from file on the screen. Got there in the end though.

Attachments

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I chose to make this its own thing, rather than try to roll it into that other requested plugin.

This plugin loads a new scene (Scene_PretitleSplash) before it loads the title scene. Once accessed, the scene displays a series of user defined splash images, or splash videos, in the order they are defined in the plugin parameters.
The various wait times are configurable, as well as what happens when a user presses a key, or clicks the mouse, either skipping the current screen, or all remaining screens, or nothing at all.
Once it runs out of splash screens to show, it moves to the title screen, as normal.

Terms of Use:
  • Free for commercial and non-commercial use, with credit to me, Ramza.
  • Do not edit the header of this plugin, or claim sole ownership of it.
  • Editing the plugin to add new features, or fix compatibility problems is allowed.
  • Redistributing this plugin is also allowed.

Took a bit longer than I thought, since I don't work with sprites at all usually, it took me a while to figure out how to actually draw images from file on the screen. Got there in the end though.
thanks you, I just tested it. I ran into some issue making it work but its worked. I found two issues.

First look screenshot. I got this error everytime I try activate both of your pluggin at same time.
Second is more a interogation. in your other script you ask for the path with a back slash and on this one with a slash. Any reason? =:0)

Attachments

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks you, I just tested it. I ran into some issue making it work but its worked. I found two issues.

First look screenshot. I got this error everytime I try activate both of your pluggin at same time.
Second is more a interogation. in your other script you ask for the path with a back slash and on this one with a slash. Any reason? =:0)
Sorry about that. I wasn't aware that using a constant for my plugin parameters would cause this issue, I usually declared them as variables in my other plugins, but in these two specifically I chose const, and apparently that causes it to crash when the second one tries to take the same name.

I corrected that in the newest version.

I'm not sure what you mean about the slashes. The idle video plugin shows a / in the folder structure for the help description (movies/video1.webm) while this plugin shows a preceding / before the folder (/img/pictures/splash1.png). If that's what you're referring to, I don't think you need the first slash, since I apparently accidentally didn't include it in the first plugin, and it still seems to have worked without it.

Attachments

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that. I wasn't aware that using a constant for my plugin parameters would cause this issue, I usually declared them as variables in my other plugins, but in these two specifically I chose const, and apparently that causes it to crash when the second one tries to take the same name.

I corrected that in the newest version.

I'm not sure what you mean about the slashes. The idle video plugin shows a / in the folder structure for the help description (movies/video1.webm) while this plugin shows a preceding / before the folder (/img/pictures/splash1.png). If that's what you're referring to, I don't think you need the first slash, since I apparently accidentally didn't include it in the first plugin, and it still seems to have worked without it.
thanks you, I give it a try and tell you if I found anything wrong. You handsome men. =:0)

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
hum I still get the same error after putting the last version.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, once again, that's my bad.
The problem is also present in the other plugin. Declaring the params variable as a constant in either plugin causes a problem with any other plugin that also declares a variable with the same name in the same scope. In this case, both of these plugins do that, but also, any of my other ones usually do too.

You can fix this yourself in the titlevideo plugin by changing line 114:
const params = PluginManager.parameters('Ramza_TitleMovie_MZ')
to be this:
var params = PluginManager.parameters('Ramza_TitleMovie_MZ')

I also changed the file attached to the other post to be updated again, so you could also just download it there instead if you'd like.

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Sorry, once again, that's my bad.
The problem is also present in the other plugin. Declaring the params variable as a constant in either plugin causes a problem with any other plugin that also declares a variable with the same name in the same scope. In this case, both of these plugins do that, but also, any of my other ones usually do too.

You can fix this yourself in the titlevideo plugin by changing line 114:
const params = PluginManager.parameters('Ramza_TitleMovie_MZ')
to be this:
var params = PluginManager.parameters('Ramza_TitleMovie_MZ')

I also changed the file attached to the other post to be updated again, so you could also just download it there instead if you'd like.
Thanks you the error disapear now. But now I facing another error message at the title screen ehehehe.
By the way are you interesting in other plugin to, I got lot of suggestion lol.

Attachments

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you get that error, can you press f12, click the 'console' tab at the top and paste all of the text into that window?

That error is probably coming from the idle video plugin, not this one. The error message isn't very useful in finding where the actual crash is happening.

Also, what is happening when this crash occurs? Is this after a video has played? Before? After multiple? How long is your title screen timeout set to? Is the setting to go back to the title screen between idle movies set to false?

Without that error I can only guess as to where the problem is, since I wasn't able to find it myself.

Edit:
I think I got it. This is what happens when you make two plugins in 24 hours and don't test the two of them together XD.

Problem was in the TitleMovie plugin as expected. The issue was that the changes I'd made to the function that plays videos mistakenly applied to all video play requests, instead of just the ones happening on the title screen. Naturally, this would cause videos played on the splash screen to not work. It'd also crash any other time a video would play on a scene where a command window wasn't present (like the map scene, for example).

I attached version 1.13 to this post. It should fix the problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
When you get that error, can you press f12, click the 'console' tab at the top and paste all of the text into that window?

That error is probably coming from the idle video plugin, not this one. The error message isn't very useful in finding where the actual crash is happening.

Also, what is happening when this crash occurs? Is this after a video has played? Before? After multiple? How long is your title screen timeout set to? Is the setting to go back to the title screen between idle movies set to false?

Without that error I can only guess as to where the problem is, since I wasn't able to find it myself.

Edit:
I think I got it. This is what happens when you make two plugins in 24 hours and don't test the two of them together XD.

Problem was in the TitleMovie plugin as expected. The issue was that the changes I'd made to the function that plays videos mistakenly applied to all video play requests, instead of just the ones happening on the title screen. Naturally, this would cause videos played on the splash screen to not work. It'd also crash any other time a video would play on a scene where a command window wasn't present (like the map scene, for example).

I attached version 1.13 to this post. It should fix the problem.
The error was before seeing the title screen. You patch worked at removing that error. I had to replace in it the const for var for avoid the other error.

But for unknow reason, now the video did't start after the delay I ask. I will make some test lol.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error was before seeing the title screen. You patch worked at removing that error. I had to replace in it the const for var for avoid the other error.

But for unknow reason, now the video did't start after the delay I ask. I will make some test lol.
Right you are, I'd somehow reverted the change from v1.12, so the params problem was happening again.

As for the videos not playing after delay on the title screen, I can't speak to why that wouldn't be happening. I have both plugins running in the test project side-by-side now, and the title screen video plays as expected.

Keep in mind, I made it so moving the mouse cursor also delays the timeout, so if you've got a really long timeout and bump your mouse or something it'll reset from 0 again.

Sparky89

Is proberly eating one of evmaster's Brownie's.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
INTERESTING POST FOR SURE also funny to read - Good stuff ramza! and thank you will be pinning this.

XGuarden

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Sorry it was my bad, i actually put the slash on the path on the wrong side in one of my test and forget revert it. Everything working just perfectly =:0) Thanks you a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parzival