Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The Stranger
Man, Raziel and Kain, how could I forget them?
I grew up with Legacy of Kain and would have loved a new game to properly end the franchise.

Sadly I have low hopes, especially considering how they butchered it with that MMO.

Jakegamer217

TylerX
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Temmie - Undertale
Mario - Mario
Kirby - Kirby
and 1000 more

roiaa

Freelance artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Rydia- Final Fantasy 4 Stephen Randall - fall out The Yoshis - Cute creatures Vayne Katarina - lol

Vassago

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very nice topic, lot of memory :rolleyes:

- Trevor (GTA V)
- Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII)
- Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
- Minsc (Baldur's Gate)
- Vamp (Metal Gear Solid)
- Ben (Full Throttle)
- Vernon Roche (The Witcher 3)
- Abe (Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee)

TCRegan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anders, Alistair, Dorian, Cassandra, (Purple Hawke) - Dragon Age series
Garrus, Mordin, David Anderson - Mass Effect Series
Kanji Tatsumi, Rise Kujikawa - Persona 4
Elliott - Stardew Valley
Balthier, Fran - FFXII
Cecil, Kain, Edge, Rydia - FFIV
Frog, Magus - Chrono Trigger

I'm sure there's more, there are just too many amazing characters to list.

Pikheat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Viktor, Flik, Neclord, Viki, Jeane, Georg Prime, Persmerga ........ - Suikoden

Auron - FFX

AskaRay

Tired Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Link - the first and original husband
Locke Cole - the second husband
the rest of the FFVI cast tbh - I just love them all
male Persona 3 Protag - everyone likes to make fun of him, call him 'emo' or whatever but the point of the game is to become more open and make friends and i just. love that
Raidou Kuzunoha XIV - literally my walking aesthetic
Aoba Seragaki - (lol hear me out) so when i first played this game I was in a pretty bad place in my life, and so is Aoba and by the end of the game he gets out of it and turns his life around (like..................ignoring all the supernatural crap and..other stuff) and I just. it gave me a lot of hope okay.
Ky Kiske - the THIRD husband

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll come back to this Thread later, i gotto look into my library first... i guess i got a lot to write here...

Amenti

*Grandiose*
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll bite.

Ivy: SoulCalibur
Talim: SoulCalibur
Mitsurugi: SoulCalibur
Princess Peach
Dracula: Castlevania Series
Culcha: Spetral Force 3
Lenneth Valkyrie
The Dragonborn from Skyrim
Female Commander Shepard
Deneb: Ogre Tactics

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sort of unrelated, but on my blog I started a series (well, I only ever did one post) about bit characters in games I enjoy. The blog is in swedish but I did a quick and rough translation:

Captain Viscen (Majoras Mask)

Majora's mask deals, let´s face it, with death. In three days, the moon will hit the country of Termina and wipe out all life. The Hero Link can travel back in time to the first day which unfortunately causes everything you do to return to square one. In the capital, Clock town, you can enter the mayor's office where there is a ongoing debate between the builder Mutoh, Mayor Detour and the City Guard's leader Viscen. Mutoh is responsible for the city's carnival, a chance he has been waiting for a long time. As you can imagine, he declares that the moon will NOT fall down, so there is no need to do anything but continue the festivities as planned.
Viscen demands a large-scale evacuation effort to bring the people out of the city and and flee into the mountains. The mayor, for his part, thinks mostly of his son Kafei, who disappeared a few days before his wedding. The scene is very well done, has a good script and soundtrack, although the sequence is only the focus of a short side-quest (find Kafei and let him marry his girlfriend, bring their gift back in time and show to Dotour to get a heart-piece , which gives Link extra health).

What I particularly like about this sequence is that Mutoh is not portrayed as a villain (even though he should not be neglecting the meeting) but more like a crushed and pitiful man who got his great chance spoiled for reasons beyond his control.
But now for the character this post is actually about! Viscen is a man with great sense of duty, and no matter what choice the mayor end up making (which the player can influence) he stands behind it one hundred percent. However, he always does what he can to help those who nevertheless choose to flee, and given the order to evacuate, he still stops until the very last moment to help those who are left. Viscen is, simply put, a hero, a hero without the help of supernatural forces like Link. His defeated expression when the moon goes down is all you need to fight for another three-day round.

Now also available in Opera form!

S.Court

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
N (Pokemon Black/White)
Plague Knight (Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows)
Sally Stageplay (Cuphead)
Yoshi
Magus (Chrono Trigger)
Pent (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)

I guess I could count Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini from Pokemon Sun/Moon, but calling them "characters" might be overstating them

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I've been asked of what is my fave character in video games. I don't really know. Some come and go, some I didn't even remember I used to like a certain character until I recalled it. But I always remembered one character when I've been asked a question like this. It's Nina from Breath of Fire 4. Not because of something in particular, but I guess she's just my type of character in video game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aboyhazard