Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi. I'm working on an RPG, and am having trouble with some scripting... See, there's a video games console in the player's room next to the TV. You're supposed to be able to play mini games with it when you interact with it, but I don't know how to program the menus, the mini games themselves, or anything, really! Please help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
before we can give you any answer, we would need to check your knowledge as a programmer.

Creating minigames that are more than just moving blocks is possible, but needs a good basic in programming.

If you describe to us what kind of minigames you want to make, then we can help you better.

If you want simple minigames, you should start with an event with show choices, that transfers the player to different maps and use those maps as the minigames, returning to the room when you finish the game.

If you are a beginner in RPGM Ace, you should also follow the link in my signature for some general advices.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'm not a beginner, I've been using RPG Maker VX Ace for about a year now. Mini games, I want to make a racing game, a Mario Party-type game, a Shooter, and a game that's like Bejeweled.

Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Scratch the Mario Party one... I have something else in mind. I can script that one. Also, I need some sprites for the games.

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
If you don't know how to program the mini-games yourself, maybe you could put up something in a recruit thread (something about wanting a programmer for your mini-games). Well, yes this thread does just that, but I would suggest to be a bit more specific, and It might take a while to find someone to do this for you, especially if you don't have much progress to show off. But if I were you I would restrict myself a bit and see what mini-games that you are actually able to create. It also depends on how in-depth you want your mini-game to be (will it include a function where you can move a crosshair around and shoot stuff etc.) If you don't know how to create that, maybe you could make it a bit more simple and do it with just eventing. Add an event animation that will emerge infront of the player if the player press x keybutton, and have the x and y coordinates of that event react to different areas of the map etc, etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HenryJIsAwesome, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Just use the edit button on the first post, and add the extra info to that, instead of double posting.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Couldn't you just run all the mini games from a called common event that let's you select from them or something like that?

(It would be cool to release your minigame package if you make all the ones you listed a few posts up.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbird1993