Video speed

braisem

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I've been making animations for my game and uploading some of them as .OGV videos but when they play in game it seems to be at 2x speed. I've done tests with videos created at 20,30 and 60fps. they all have the same problem. The game runs at 60fps when launched according to Fraps. Any input would be helpful thanks.

mgnesium

the maverick
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been making animations for my game and uploading some of them as .OGV videos but when they play in game it seems to be at 2x speed. I've done tests with videos created at 20,30 and 60fps. they all have the same problem. The game runs at 60fps when launched according to Fraps. Any input would be helpful thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I know I'm not the author of this thread but rather than creating a new one in close time proximity, I am hoping that it is alright that I bump this~ Rather than 2x the speed, it was roughly 1.25x faster when timed. 

Last edited by a moderator:

braisem

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
the only solution I've found is to make the animation at 60fps then before exporting i change it to 20fps. then in game the frames seem to run at what was the intended speed just because it goes so fast.

mgnesium

the maverick
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a peculiar solution. Thanks man, I'll try that too— all that testing and exporting must have been a pain. ^^

;; EDIT: Hey man, I used VLC (free software) to convert it to .ogg instead of .ogv-- works like a charm in VX Ace. No script necessary. I think any converter should work, including just googling it, and no matter what frame rate, the video speed is perfect and normal. :) Hope this helps you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azarae