Videogames you're bad at.

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It would probably be more simple to describe the type of games I am good at. I suck at most games including (but not limited to) shooting games, racing games, most new console games aside from Peggle, I suck at MMO's pretty profusely. 

I AM good at;

Games like Harvest Moon

Suikoden II and Tierkreis only (Suck at 1, 3, 4, 5, and Tactics)

Any casual playing game

Everything else is a big thumbs down. 

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ruby:

I'm kind of curious now if you beat Rowd when you have to fight him in Suikoden 2. He's very hard and you're supposed to lose in that battle, but it's still possible to win and you can unlock a very short secret scene if you manage to defeat him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I apparently suck in Yandere Simulator.

I know that you can't win in that game as of yet as it's only 11% done in public version.

I walked right at teacher in a class room, only to realize too late that my character's clothes are soaked in blood.

Razelle

Out of Date Hallucination
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Entish
Primarily Uses
This was a very fun topic to read.

I'm pretty good at everything I touch that doesn't involve manual aiming with guns. There's a surprising amount of shooters that will auto aim for you as long as you're still firing in their general vicinity. Otherwise I aim in the other player's direction and shoot until I inevitably die a horrible death.

For me the key is enjoying what I play. It will automatically make me want to be the best at it that I can be. Practice makes perfect, so long as you want to get better at it, you eventually will.

Oh, I'm also really terrible at Rhythm games, except for UmJammer Lammy, which is the only game of the genre I owned and enjoyed.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I remember being stuck a quite while in Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep game's minigame that was basically rhytm game involving ice cream as a theme.

It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't the fact that it's mandatory to progress in story.

ProjectTrinity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am generally decent to good in every game I touch - and a few times, fantastic. 

I am absolutely terrible at Last of Us, however. Which is a first for me, but....that game was brutal. And pride makes me refuse easy/casual modes

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ruby:

I'm kind of curious now if you beat Rowd when you have to fight him in Suikoden 2. He's very hard and you're supposed to lose in that battle, but it's still possible to win and you can unlock a very short secret scene if you manage to defeat him.
Nope, although I have tried and I have an idea on how to do it. I also haven't beat Luca at the Fort although that is possible too.

Blackheart

Developer in Training
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I remember being stuck a quite while in Kingdom Hearts - Birth by Sleep game's minigame that was basically rhytm game involving ice cream as a theme.

It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't the fact that it's mandatory to progress in story.
I tried doing every song in that and I did eventually do that, being a completionist and having to do that as all 3 characters is a nightmare, literally dread getting to Disney Town every time I play BBS

Galenmereth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rocket League, like any "soccer like" game. I can't handle ball sports like this, in real life or videogames. If they're 2d or top down 3D I can deal with it, but once the third dimension hits and l get to look around me, there's something about my brain and balls flying towards my face that just doesn't work out. For the life of me I can't judge the distance properly.

I have reached rank Semi-Pro in Rocket League, but I reached a hard barrier where the game just stresses me out too much because of balls.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

I hate mandatory mini-games that involve the use of some skill that is otherwise unrelated to the game; a puzzle is fine because it involves logic.

I mentioned earlier I'm not too great at racing games so I eventually got stuck on Jak II during one of the segments where you were timed and had to reach a certain point on a vehicle all the while dodging the robotic police that were trying to hunt you down and not crashing and wiping yourself out. It was a shame because I liked the game and series otherwise and was unable to finish it to conclusion.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I don't really care for first person games, as they are usually pretty limited, compared to real eyesight. And, if you're given control over the camera, independent of movement controls, it's finger-breakingly awkward. And heaven forbid you have separate weapons controls.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hate mandatory mini-games that involve the use of some skill that is otherwise unrelated to the game; a puzzle is fine because it involves logic.

I mentioned earlier I'm not too great at racing games so I eventually got stuck on Jak II during one of the segments where you were timed and had to reach a certain point on a vehicle all the while dodging the robotic police that were trying to hunt you down and not crashing and wiping yourself out. It was a shame because I liked the game and series otherwise and was unable to finish it to conclusion.
   Even if you had gotten past that, you'd probably have been stuck at the actual races part of the game then. (which involve even faster/frailer than normal hoverbike things and a bunch of holes where you can fall to your death when shoved by other racers) which was so bloody difficult that I actually threw my controller at the floor in a rage at one point after losing the 3d and final race for the 50+ time. It was a good design choice to turn Jak 3's main vehicles into offroad atvs that can crash into stuff without imploding, even if it did seem out of place for the series.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Ugh, that's another thing: luck-based minigames. I hate having to play roulette or slots or something to earn a ridiculous amount of tokens in order to get a key item or a pokemon to complete your pokedex.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How about the sims, I know you're supposed to keep them alive but...There's just so many horrible things I can do to them.

Vox Novus

Knight of Whispers
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Neo oh boy, the sims; let me recount my sims experience.

Started out okay did good for awhile then somehow it all goes downhill. Can barely keep his job, terrible in relationships with almost no contact and couldn't get him to the bathroom in time half the time. I felt so bad for my sim I just stopped playing my heart couldn't take it lol.

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I never got invested in any of my sims, normally I'd make a family, mess with them for few days, kill them all and start over ;)

Ed19

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Real Time strategy games (especially Blizzards' games) like Warcraft and Starcraft.

Official Lost Souls

Dead and Buried
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
FIfa and other sports games are ones that I just cannot seem to play well.

Cozzer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I'm pretty bad at videogames in general, since I'm usually pretty logical and reasonable in real life so when I game I just want to make gut decisions and see pretty explosions without stopping to think about anything. I apply this attitude even to strategy games, which somehow I still love. I guess I'm pretty contradictory. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:
Traps, detecting traps, and disarming traps including treasure traps have now been implemented into my Might and Magic-inspired project. If you don't want to get hurt, you better have a character who focuses on the perception skill, and you better have a character who focuses on the disarm skill!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loehz