Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Viewed Battle System

by Jet

Introduction

What? Not a "Side-view" battle system? Oh it is a side-view. from left or right sides too. It's also a rear-view, and a front-view with sprites on top.

You can choose which direction the players will face! It's all the views in one. The script will adapt to the view you choose in the configuration.

Also has other features listed below.

Features

- Choose between any of the 4 directional views

- Special sprite-changing conditions based on state

- Center the actor lines, instead of having pre-determined lines

- Reverse the field with the opposite direction on ambushes

- Built-in mouse support for selecting on-screen enemies and actors

- Visible flashing to determine selected enemy/actor

- Use sprites for monsters instead of battlers

- And more...

Screenshots

Script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uiU1Fswd

Credit

Jet

Note

I have a license, it's in my signature.

You can other JVBS scripts by searching for the JVBS tag in posts. All JVBS scripts are compatible with the displayed actors in this script.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is amazing... jet you are a legend.

EDIT: Im having a bit of an issue, it seems to be looking for a state I can't seem to find.

Any ideas?

Jet

Flying in a sky near you
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry about that. That is what i get for working on so many scripts at one time. I never know what script has what method in it.

Updated the link.

Mako

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Werks fan~tastic. Thanks a bunch!

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actors on the top of the screen and monsters on the bottom?

Uhm... how do I explain this... That is interesting. I dont think I have ever thought about that before. But I cant believe how cool that actually is. I have a cool idea though.

I am not one to usually ask for add-ons, but would it be possible to define monsters to have sprites of their own? Like, instead of a battler, can the monsters have something to define their own sprite to show up and work the same as one of the actor's sprite, just opposite sides?

For instance, actors each use their own sprite when they go into battle and (I assume) their sprite will move forward a bit when they attack. Say we put a notetag in a enemy notebox (<sprite Monster1, 2> {would go spritesheet Monster1, Index 2}), that enemy would show up in battle as a sprite instead of a battler image. Then, when they attack, they will move forward slightly kind of like the actors do.

Sorry if that is hard to understand. I am bad at explaining things. But is that possible at all or would it have to be heavily edited to do this?

Jet

Flying in a sky near you
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@hyde: I figured i might as well add every direction, so who knows?

Also, I added your sprite feature in. Grab the new version in the top post.

I also fixed a crucial bug which causes enemy portraits to reappear after death. this has been corrected. Everybody should grab the new version.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Damn Jet, I knew you were an awesome scripter, but that was really freaking fast. I didnt even expect a reply about it until tomorrow. Lol.

And thank you. I really think I must find a project to use this in. I guess I can now replace SSBS, lol.

And doing a battle system as versatile as this was probably one of the best ideas I have ever seen. There are so many good battle systems out there, but can many of them really say that they allow the users to choose how their battles look while still providing the same system? If you really think about it, this script here should have been how Enterbrain did their battle system in the first place. Allow the users to choose.

Anyways, awesome job with this.

Also, would it be cool to either post or link to this script over on RMParadise? I think that they would have a field day with this script. Its cool if you dont want to though.

Skyelarke

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Jet,

Glad to see yer gonna be back in my game again. :) You got an alignment system for Ace yet or should I continue to wait? BTW: Thanks for the battle script again. :)

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*got it worked out*

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im a bit scared of editing things... so I will ask for help. How do change it so the monsters are further away from the players? the way it is now, it shows the slimes right next to the main character.

servantb7

Servantb7
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TecPrincess, you can add new scripts below "Materials" and above "Main" in the Script Editor.

ディーノス

Make a new destiny!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
this script can compatible with tankentai script?

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@TecPrincess, you can add new scripts below "Materials" and above "Main" in the Script Editor.
I got that, but when I battle, it makes the sprite so close to the mob. So when the animation goes swing a sword, the character walks over the mob. The move is like five pixels away. They are in the same place as they were in the default first person view.

Jet

Flying in a sky near you
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this script can compatible with tankentai script?
No.

Im a bit scared of editing things... so I will ask for help. How do change it so the monsters are further away from the players? the way it is now, it shows the slimes right next to the main character.
You need to move the enemy battlers in the database, in the Troops tab.

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No.

You need to move the enemy battlers in the database, in the TrooQuoteps tab.
nvm I got it. Thanks for helping me! I was looking at the wrong data base hehe. was still in the script

None

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is awesome, thank you!

One issue I've found is that if a character starts a battle with 0 HP, they still appear alongside the other party members (if no state sprites are assigned). This issue is probably not a problem if you assign a sprite for a death state but I still thought you might like to know for those who may not do that.

Also, any chance you might add a way for a character to move to the enemy they are attacking in a future version?

Lord Valdyr

Team BlackHawk Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you Jet! Your the man!

Edit:

Will you be improving upon this? Like maybe adding weapon sprites and such in the characters hands when they attack?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful work, I was looking for a system where we could actually see the heroes on screen, but keeping the back view... thank you Jet, you made my day!

Sit-Amun

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to use more than 4 battlemembers in this script? I've changed the number of battlemembers to 6

In the script Game_Party I've changed the number in line 73 (max_battle_members)

If I want to battle with 5 members then i get the following message:

Script 'Jet's Viewed Battle System' line 509: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'effect?' for false:FalseClass

How can I change that?

Thanks.

Xenophil 2.0

Tutorialist =3
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Jet, anyway this could be made for RMVX? .o. this is almost exactly what I want for my game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi