viewing screen vs res question

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it just a better resolution or can we actually fit more things in the screen now, then in Ace.

The resolution limitations of Ace was a minute issue as far as I'm concerned, but it was annoying that there were rather major limitation on how much you can fit on screen, in some cases.

For example if I were to remake my custom profile page of my char Gwaelin:

Gwaelin's Profile.jpg

The profile page basically uses every bit of the screen in Ace, in MV would I beable to expand upon this/fit more lets say text?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Display area (on the Monitor), resolution (in DPI) and screensize (for example 640x480) are three different things, but they are mathematically connected and changing one will change one of the other.

Depending on which other to change, if you increase screen size (to 800x600 for example) you either get a higher resolution (DPI) with the same display, or fit more on the display with the same resolution.

Please check this for more on the misconceptions and misunderstandings of those terms:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/blog/172/entry-752-definition-resolution-etc/

Mikuri

Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
At least it would be widescreen now. More space on sides? :p

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Display area (on the Monitor), resolution (in DPI) and screensize (for example 640x480) are three different things, but they are mathematically connected and changing one will change one of the other.

Depending on which other to change, if you increase screen size (to 800x600 for example) you either get a higher resolution (DPI) with the same display, or fit more on the display with the same resolution.

Please check this for more on the misconceptions and misunderstandings of those terms:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/blog/172/entry-752-definition-resolution-etc/

I always know something was screwy about the terminology, that's why I always used the term viewing screen, when I'm talking about how much can be fit on screen, opposed to resolution, but that blog of yours still answered my question(if one really can't be increased, without increasing the other), so thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
i am excited for wide screen :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FSTR