Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, me again. And again I was editing the Scene_Battle windows when I came across it:
oyTGoz9.png

Border kindly provided by TheoAllen.
It took me a while to figure out the existence of the Viewports and that I could not move the windows out of them. So, quick search (1, 2, 3). Great, now I know what they are, but there are some points that I do not understand. First, movement. How do I move a specific viewport? For example, the Window_PartyCommand. I did not find where the viewport was created, so I tried to move it inside the initialize with lines like this:

Code:
self.ox = value
@info_viewport.oy = value
move_info_viewport(?)

No way it worked. So I went to look for something about in the help files (F1). It is very well explained how to create a viewport, but nothing - that I have found - about modifying an existing viewport. It is not very relevant to repeat what is there here, but if anyone wants to see the directory is this. Looking for some more, I found this on Spriteset_Battle, lines 27 through 31:

Code:
  def create_viewports
    @viewport1 = Viewport.new
    @viewport2 = Viewport.new
    @viewport3 = Viewport.new
    @viewport2.z = 50
    @viewport3.z = 100
  end

No coordinates, just priority (z), that confused me. The topic is already very long, so to summarize: If, when creating a viewport, I can tell exactly where they are, where are the specs of the viewports in Scene_Battle? If all windows use the same viewport, how do I know which one is being used for what? The respective codes of each window do not say anything about.

If it helps, I made some mockups of what I want to do:
077WKtr.png

lsuP3OB.png

I forgot to include it, but to the extreme right the target window will appear with a vertical, item-like list.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience again. The local forum is under maintenance, so I'm showing up over here. :(

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cxsr