Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, me again. And again I was editing the Scene_Battle windows when I came across it:
oyTGoz9.png

Border kindly provided by TheoAllen.
It took me a while to figure out the existence of the Viewports and that I could not move the windows out of them. So, quick search (1, 2, 3). Great, now I know what they are, but there are some points that I do not understand. First, movement. How do I move a specific viewport? For example, the Window_PartyCommand. I did not find where the viewport was created, so I tried to move it inside the initialize with lines like this:

Code:
self.ox = value
@info_viewport.oy = value
move_info_viewport(?)

No way it worked. So I went to look for something about in the help files (F1). It is very well explained how to create a viewport, but nothing - that I have found - about modifying an existing viewport. It is not very relevant to repeat what is there here, but if anyone wants to see the directory is this. Looking for some more, I found this on Spriteset_Battle, lines 27 through 31:

Code:
  def create_viewports
    @viewport1 = Viewport.new
    @viewport2 = Viewport.new
    @viewport3 = Viewport.new
    @viewport2.z = 50
    @viewport3.z = 100
  end

No coordinates, just priority (z), that confused me. The topic is already very long, so to summarize: If, when creating a viewport, I can tell exactly where they are, where are the specs of the viewports in Scene_Battle? If all windows use the same viewport, how do I know which one is being used for what? The respective codes of each window do not say anything about.

If it helps, I made some mockups of what I want to do:
077WKtr.png

lsuP3OB.png

I forgot to include it, but to the extreme right the target window will appear with a vertical, item-like list.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience again. The local forum is under maintenance, so I'm showing up over here. :(

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have been enjoying a game on my iPhone, called Wonderbox. It is just a little game where you create adventures, share them, whilst also being able to play others. It's a bit zelda-esque. I have started some youtube for those, gonna start with RPG maker things soon as well. So if you wish to see, do check it out :)
SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KoromoAmae