Viking Sprites Need (w/ possible portraits/facesets)

deathpunk187

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys I'm looking for viking sprites that are both in armor and in casual clothing for both male and female, I'm making a game that is a fantasy but it's also going to be historically accurate so sorry if men with beards and horned helmets is what you thought would be best and I'm also looking for facesets or portraits aswell for sprites, so if anyone can make any or know where to find any it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounding very neato! Though, you're gonna wanna put in a feeeeew more details...

Which style are you looking for? Tall, Normal, Matching a resource pack or custom resources... 
Also you didn't mention which maker you're using. You need to clarify if it's Ace, MV, 2003, XP, whatever it is you're using

if you wanna find the right sprites. 

Also if you plan on getting someone to make them for you, you might be looking at having to pay someone. Maybe not for the sprites (and that's a generous maybe)
but almost definately for custom facesets/portraits. 

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, more information is definitely needed here, primarily as it's sounding like a much larger request than what this section is for. This section is for 1-2 small items - like, maybe 2 walking sprites? 1 face? Not large quantities of both.

If paying for them is not an option, I recommend posting in Project Recruitment, following the guidelines there. And I would highly suggest if "beards and horns" are not what you are looking for, that you provide images of the types of clothing and armor you want, so that an artist doesn't have to do that research themselves, and possibly get it wrong from what you are wanting.

deathpunk187

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh well I'm using Ace sorry for the lack of more details I was kinda in a rush when I posted it, and I'm just looking for the default chibi sprites and I'm not just looking for someone to make them I'm actually looking for any that are already and are usable I was asking if anyone could make them as a last resort because I know sprite making as well as faceset/portrait making is very time consuming as well as expensive if the person making the resources is asking for payment, I'm also just looking for custom sprites that go well with the default tileset because I'm using a tileset that is a modified version of the default, also I'm sorry about my inexperience on the forums I don't exactly go on here very often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We still need a breakdown of what you are looking for, precisely. While horned helmets were definitely not actual Viking wargear, (19th century opera villains, more like), beards were most certainly a Viking trend and would have been well kept and of various length. They used mostly round shields and axes for war, though their more prominent figures might have carried swords. Iron helmets, etc, would have been a commonly worn item, as well, so would those work? Given the limited canvas on a VX/Ace sprite, what are you expecting these to look like? 

Would you mind providing some images as example? It will help us understand what you need. :)  

deathpunk187

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yes I know beards were a very heavily popular thing with vikings I was using the whole horned helmets and beards as an example of stereotypical vikings which I wasn't looking and I'm mostly looking for vikings in plain clothing from the time period as well as in chainmail because that's all the armor they had at their disposal as well as iron helmets nothing really too fancy.

download (6).jpg

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
From what I can tell, no resources like this already exist currently. (not suprising, as it's a very specific thing to make a set of resources for.)
The closest I could find was Kazzadors dwarf sprites. http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/683-kazzadors-fantasy-sprites/

Could not find any facesets though, if anyone else wants to give that a shot, be my guest. 

So as far as I can tell, there aren't any resources like this currently, and if you absolutely must have them, you'll have to post a request:
in Classifieds - Requests (if you are willing to pay someone, odds are you'll get them.) 
or in Project Recruitment (if you don't want to pay for them, but you'll probably have trouble finding someone). 

Be sure to follow the guidlines and read the rules before posting in either place if you do decide to go that route.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So we know what you don't want. Do you have pictures of what "plain clothing from the time period" looks like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dald