First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Village Dinerz
Village-Dinerz-title.png

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
Mechanics:
Mainly focused on narrative storytelling with minimal RPG battle mechanics.
You will follow through the main story, with optional side quests to complete, though full completion is recommended to the full experience.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
ss1.png
ss2.png
ss3.png
ss4.png

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
Elaine
faceFeMC.png spriteFeMC.png
An energetic girl which will do anything to create the dish which reminds her of the moment she was saved from starvation.

Woods
faceMC.png spriteMC.png
An unknown guy that is saved and received shelter by Elaine. He seems like a guy with complicated past and seldom talks about it.
Seems knowledgeable in various field, including culinary and combat.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
Elaine is determined to recreate a forgotten dish she experienced in the past. Woods, whom Elaine saved before, shared with her detailed information on The Legendary 12 Course Meal.

In hopes to seek out what dish it was that Elaine experienced, she gathers various meat required to make The Legendary 12 Course Meal. The methods to obtain them are far from easy.

Will Elaine be able to face this challenge?

The story begins.

SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
The story takes place in an isolated village, Zodiac Village.
The locals often interact with each other and form a strong villagers-to-villagers bond.
A lot of travelers chose this place as a pitstop, sharing stories of the outside "world".

Story will mainly focus on the association of dishes with people.

SECTION E: DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND PROGRESS
Initiated:
End of July 2021

Plan to complete:
End of October 2021 - December 2021

Current Progress:
1. Mapping - Done
2. Soundtrack selection - Done
3. Storyline outline (start to end) - Done
4. Eventing main storyline - 10% Completed
5. Eventing side storyline - In Progress
6. RPG battle adjustments and level planning - In Progress
7. Miscellaneous mechanics, eg: money earning system - In Progress
8. Revamp the entire RTP tileset (if enough support received, if not, will be launching it and moving on to next game first)
9. Test the entire gameplay.
10. Launch, plan to do in itch.io

SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
Facebook

Last edited:

LightAme

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
#Devlog1
Completed the maps, there will be around 10 of them.
Check out the showcase~

Zodiac Village
map1.png

Village Dinerz
map2.png

Travern, Village Dinerz's Competitor
map4.png

Mini Tent
map3.png

Kanori24

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm down for a good emotional storytelling :)

rpgLord69

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried out the demo. Interesting theme for a game. Here are some random comments:
*I like the music choices, it creates a nice mood
*The text has some grammatical errors
*Inside maps look nice
*Rectangular light coming from windows looks a bit strange - maybe at least edit it so that it's not more wide than the window.
*In outside map some of the choices to create height differences look a bit strange (like around the stairs outside Elaine's house
*The buildings outside look somehow flat to my eye - like they are very tall and then have little depth
*The Holy Hall has two doors stacked on top of each other - obviously to create an effect of a "grand door", but it has 2 door knobs
*There is a spot near the tavern where you can walk to the top of the "cliff" from the left side
*When using the rat fight skip, you have to enter a building and then exit for the skip to occur
*Inside Elaine's house there is some kind of "glitch" with the toilet - half of it is missing + also there is some white thing coming out of the ground (not sure what that is?)
*There was a couple instances after cutscenes where it transitioned kind of abruptly (like a character you were talking to just vanished and transferred somewhere else)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I hate it when people instigate fights or conflicts and then use us, the security guards, as shields or as means to resolve their conflicts. Especially since we at times have to be unfair due to our duty of preserving peace.
Fortunately it doesn't happen very often.
The lucky person will get the choco.
Time to continue my game dev journey, for those who want to see how not to use RM. :LZSlol:

This is the second time in less than a week that somebody tells me something doesn't work out of the box, but when I go playtest it... it certainly does!!
I don't have experience with PixelArt, I just made it to have a cool icon for the tool I created, if anyone can give an opinion it would help me a lot:

Option A:

CrystalBall-A-32-24-16.png

Option B:
CrystalBall-B-32-24-16.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merix