Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In this age of HD and complex mechanics, a groundbreaking new experience...

Rendered in an awesome 1bit graphic, at the outstanding 64*40 resolution, with procedural (proh see hduh rowhl) and limited gameplay, Violent Battler cast you in a grinding experience full of big black pixels and devoid of any complexity layer.

It's a dungeon crawler in the palm of your hand (that depend on the size of the hand and the one of the device your'e lifting).

See for yourself: doesn't look amazing?

demo_ken1.jpg Be the hero that will save the world!
demo_ken2.jpg Incredible tense duels!
demo_ken3.jpg Animated cutscenes!
demo_ken4.jpg A world torn by violence!
demo_ken5.jpgdemo_ken6.jpg Deadly martial arts will retribute such evil punks!
demo_ken7.jpg Be strong and focused!
demo_ken8.jpg Walk a long road of danger to finally reach peace!
demo_ken9.jpg No rest for the wicked, in a very linear combat system!
(All such cutscenes are a n i m a t e d! By 2 or even 3 frames!)

Now, this modern masterpiece require a PROJECT MANAGER.
That's your chance!

What you should do is just to use such resources and your MZ copy to assemble the thing.
That's mean:
You'll receive a document that outline the entire project.
You'll receive instructions about how to assemble the thing.
You'll receive the needed plugins AND instructions on how to setup them (all of them free for use and distribution, obviously).
You have to setup the project parameters.
You have to set events (there aren't many).
You have to fill up the database (but there aren't much entries and I'll give you a spreadsheet with all data needed: is VERY minimal, with something like 12 monsters and 8 objects, no weapons, no skills...).
No mapping required, as they are procedurally created by a plugin (when exploration is needed).
You'll playtest and debug the thing and tell what's wrong, contributing with ideas (in the minimalistic spirit of the project). You'll be the final judge on the product quality.

The result should be similar to the GameBoy game "Cave Noir", and that will be the main reference.

In the meanwhile you'll receive tiles and pictures and music and instruction about how they should be uploaded in the project and their role.
No need for plugin development or JS experience, if something needed I can do it.

MIND that based on results this game could have a commercial release!*

Post here to apply for the role.
Previous experience in turning on your device is strongly required.
Also, sense of humor is requited.

*In this case we should debate on uploadings and promotion, and that will be another burden on your shoulders!

Last edited:

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is absolutely not what a "project manager" means. Humor aside, get the vocabulary straight. You're describing a database monkey / playtester.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Woland
I've already discussed that with moderators, and in fact is hard to word out.

Thank you for giving me another chance to explain the same thing worded differently.

I own and do graphics, chiptune, general coding and game design (to the point of prototypes).
Anyway, I can't do everything alone, so I need someone who help. Mostly, I don't have time and mind to complete this game too.
The game, apparently simple, offer a number of actual challenges, from the structure to the ergonomy, that goes way beyond the standard JRPG.
As I'm asking for such strain and I know how precious is time, I'll try to apply the consequences of maximum courtesy.

The appliant will be the one owning the core code, so he can work at his own pace. That's obviously imply the need for him to enter the database parameters, that are 25 in total, and events when required. I can't pretend for someone replying to work my pace.

I'll give him a long document that discuss the project and goals (probably a stroyboard included). He should agree on that: I'm not asking for him to work for me, but to work with me in collecting the goal, with no more than his potential and possible contribute.

He's automatically "promoted" to the role of Project Manager, that's mean he can't change the overall concept, is not strictly required for him to draw, play or code (eventing is not coding on my perspective), but can surely determine lines of conduit. He can playtest the actual game (he doesn't simply wait for ME asking) and point out things that could be changed. If able, he can change it at will. If not, I'll do.
"Dororo, that tile sucks!"
"Yes, boss, I'll change it."
"Dororo, this mechanic explode after a while. We should discuss about."
"Ok, boss."
"How adding more frames to this animation?"
"Ok, boss."
And that sound exactly like a Project Manager, to me.
I can call it "the best pal that own rights on what I do"... too long.

Obviously the role is fluid as I can't predict who enlist: I can't pretend a newbie will be efficient and competent as a JavaScript master, so I'll just listed the minimal requirements that someone who purchased MZ yesterday could meet.

I can't word it better than this.

Woland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have explained what you need in your first post. All I'm saying is what you described is not a role of a Project Manager. That role already exists in game development and is very widely defined differently. It's a person that is in charge of the resources, tasks and schedule. Also known as the Producer. You using the established role name for a completely different job description introduces confusion.

So if you want to call a database monkey a project manager, I can't stop you. You can do whatever you want. Just know that you can just as well call that database monkey a composer or an animator. Equally confusing. But it's your ad, so good luck :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just went to Metrocon here in Tampa Florida. My first anime convention. They had an anime chess battle and some funny impromtu comedy. The comedy was my favorite part. How is everyone?
I'm thinking about opening a "game in development" thread, though i'm not entirely sure yet. It's still really early in development, and most i have to show are assets or really chaotic map WIPs. There is a lot of story +the world itself though, and i struggle with converting all of my notes into readable text, and a thread might help...?
I see a button in a game, I press it. Cannot resist the temptation even if I know it's a trap.
There's a different game over screen for each of the 4 endings in Forest Star (my Touch the Stars game jam entry). Have you seen this one? :wink:
PartyGameOver.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daldantas