Virtual Buttons and DPad

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Aloe Guvner, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This was going to be very good! For me I do not understand programming, I always think of using fewer possible plugins. If you unified this function would be very good! But anyway, it's already very good! Congratulations on your work and make it available for free to people. :)

2. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Aloe, i'am using your plugin and i just found a "bug" or a way to achieve a better performance.

When I want to make a cutscene on another map, I use the plugin commands to hide the controls. However, I have to set the fade duration in the parameters to 1, otherwise when I start the cutscene I will still see the buttons fading out.
    Solved this, I came across another problem: As soon as the text window opens it hides the buttons. But in the interval that one opens and closes and opens another window, I can see the buttons due to fade duration of 1 frame:

To fix this, just put the fade in 20 or 60 frames.
    However, this would return the problem of starting a cutscene on another map, because players would still see the controls disappear according to the duration of the fade.
    I do not understand programming. Nothing at all. But I believe that if it were possible to add a specific fade duration in the part of the highlighted code (lines 967 to 970), the problem would be solved. Because I believe this part of the code is using the fade duration that is in the parameters.
    Is there a way?
    [​IMG]

3. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for the report, and from watching your video I agree it is very annoying to the player. I will take some time to think about both the scene transitions and the message window, and come up with a solution that works for all possible scenarios ~

Eliaquim likes this.
  4. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update!

Multiple bug fixes as well as some new capabilities.

1.) New plugin command to hide or show the buttons instantly.
    @Eliaquim I did some testing and this should solve your problem. You can set the fade duration back to 20 or 40 or whatever works for you. When you transfer to a new map for a cutscene, there would be an autorun event controlling the cutscene, you can use the new plugin commands in that event to instantly hide the UI buttons.
    Documentation is in the help section of the plugin.

2.) New parameters to disable touch movement on the map if a DPad is active. Also, a new parameter to disable touch input in selectable windows in the scenes that you choose.

Eliaquim likes this.
  5. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks a lot @Aloe Guvner !! I will be testing it out and give you the feedback!
    Those new parameters to disable touch inside the windows, menus etc really make me happy!
    This can take a nostalgia feeling in the rpg maker games like the old games for mega drive and super nintendo!
    Thanks! I will be testing out and give feddback.

---EDIT---

Hi @Aloe Guvner!
    I've done with the testing, and everything looks fine now.

I just found one more problem. When entering a door or a teleportation happens a bug related to the movement of the character. For example, I walked into a door / teleportation walking up. As soon as I get to the other scene, even though I've already released the button, the character will continue to walk up. I can put it to the right or left but as soon as I release the buttons on the sides, it will go up alone again. Unless I press up again, then it returns to normal.
    It is as if the game memorized the last directional press during the transition, and in the other scene he still understands that the button is being triggered, although I have already release it.

How to reproduce the error:
    1 - Install the D-pad
    2 - make two maps.
    3 - Make a door or teleport in each map, enabling it to pass between them (with exit and entrance up or down).
    4 - Repeat the process of entering and exiting the door.
    5 - It is not necessary to be on the mobile (although in mobile the error occurs more easily). I was able to repeat the error by clicking on Dpad with the mouse.

Believing that fixing this your plugin will be perfect. But it is already fully usable! : D

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  6. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    can you set a option to start the game with ui hidden?

7. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Eliaquim This is a very confusing bug to track down...
    I tested a lot and I was able to replicate the issue once. It really is quite strange. However, I'm not able to replicate the issue enough to debug it well. I suspect that it might be related to diagonal input (because multiple inputs are added, maybe it is not getting cleared properly).

I added a parameter so that diagonal input must be specifically turned "on" (better to keep it "off" unless you need it). After I added this, I wasn't able to replicate the issue anymore. However, I'm not totally convinced that it is the correct fix...

New version is uploaded if you want to try. Make sure to open it in the Plugin Manager to "refresh" the plugin so you get the new parameter.

@Black Mamba Yes, you can use plugin commands to hide the UI. In fact, I recently added commands to instantly hide the UI, and you would use these commands in a Autorun or Parallel event on the first map of the game.

Eliaquim likes this.
  8. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Aloe Guvner
    Hi there! Thats ok man. I will can try in december.
    Thanks a lot for the atention! I will try as you say :)

9. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    pt-br
    i mean, in plugin parameters, because using plugin command, show the mobile UI in the title screen when you start the game

10. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Black Mamba Sorry, I still don't understand your meaning.

If you don't want to show the UI buttons in the title scene, then make sure not to have "Scene_Title" configured in your plugin parameters.

Black Mamba likes this.
  11. Jenova

Jenova Because you are...a puppet! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not sure if this was brought up yet or not, but the controls seems to briefly pop up in between dialogue.

I have tried to change the fade in/out to: null, 0 (the actual number, not "null"), 1, 20, 40 and 60 (this actually looks cool, but not for this) and it still appears.

Is there a way to fix this?

My first event when beginning the game(ran as both Autorun and Parallel to see if that was the problem. Same thing):

[​IMG]

Could the way the dialogue be made be a problem?

Edit: I forgot to note that this also happens briefly when the start of game comes up, right after the title screen.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  12. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jenova posting so you know that I'm not ignoring you - have been a bit busy IRL and spare RPG maker time has been mostly for IGMC. I'll look into it when I can, and let you know when I replicate & solve the issue!

Jenova likes this.
  13. Jenova

Jenova Because you are...a puppet! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dont worry about it. I am pretty much busy myself with other aspects of my game. The UI would just give me the go ahead to release my android beta version. That's all.

I am so far from another beta release, I don't know when it will be.

So worry not, I will patiently await your update. :)

14. Screech1989

Screech1989 King Pin! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The idea is amazing and i can see the D-Pad appear but the moment i touch the d-pad with my mouse when testing on PC i get the error :

this.containspoint is not a function

and have to close the game? any ideas, or anyone had similar issue?

i originally had YEP_Picture Common Events but i noticed it could not give me a back button within the menu, i found this scripts and was able to put this in a blank game file and worked perfect but the moment it is in my main project i have no functions apart from the error.

Thanks

15. ArtikDart

ArtikDart Dream Developer Member

First Language:
    Italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Aloe, I have a problem with the display of the keys if I use this plugin: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/pre-title-events.49528/ I was wondering if you could help me ... I tried in all the ways using the plugin commands and trying to add the scene pretitle to the settings, but nothing. I can not see the keys in that scene. Thanks for the support you give us.

16. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Screech1989 Can you please follow the normal troubleshooting steps to identify the error?

Please attach the full screenshot of the error from the console by pressing F8 when the error comes up. Additionally attach screenshot(s) of your plugin list.
    You say that my plugin works in a blank project but not in your project. So you have to go through and turn off plugins one-by-one until you identify the exact plugin that conflicts with mine. I tested mine rigorously but I can't possibly test it against all of the other plugins out there, so you'll have to identify what is the problem in your project.

@ArtikDart You say that you added the scene pretitle to the settings, so can you share a screenshot of the settings that you have configured?

17. ArtikDart

First Language:
    Italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here is an image with the procedure of what I do.
    He tells me that it is not defined, yet I have never had problems inserting custom scenes, as you can see from the settings.

18. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @ArtikDart Can you please provide a screenshot of the full error message from the console? You can open the console by pressing F8 during playtest.

19. ArtikDart

First Language:
    Italiano
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    oh scusa, ho dimenticato ... eccolo

20. Aloe Guvner

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1.) Can you please post a screenshot(s) of all your plugins from your Plugin Manager?

2.) Does this error occur in a project with only my plugin and the HIME Pretitle plugin?

3.) Does changing the order of the plugins (put mine above HIME or HIME above mine) solve the error?