Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will all the crazyness going around with this virus recently especially with winter coming and now a second wave. I created this thread so we can all keep in touch and share our situations with one another and offer comfort to those who need especially those in the worst situations.

Our situation in sunny Florida now cooling off due to winter is feeling the impact of the second wave. Our numbers our skyrocketing and we are probably headed for a lockdown. How is everyone else doing?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Reminder to all: NO POLITICS on this thread at all. Only post experiences and numbers here. Thank You.

Our cases are skyrocketing here too. I'm doing a survey of my students as we speak to see if they want to go online only rest of the Fall term Current results is 50% want to go online only now, 87.5% want to go online only starting at Thanksgiving Break. Survey is only a day old though and more need to respond so we'll see where this goes in the end.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Germany decided to enforce a second lockdown aswell.
For now the lockdown is set to last through november and then they decide based on how the numbers look after that.

All I can say that the number of new infections per day are at an all time high right now.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Netherlands pretty much the same as Germany. No full lockdown yet but half a lockdown and aa review of the situation every 2 weeks, but cases are rising fast so its Just a matter of time.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just stocked up online toilet paper, paper towels, and sanitizer. Prices seem to be reasonable at Target. Not sure how long it will be in stock.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of the worst things is the whole lockdown mindset has people getting even more stupid than ever so the trauma cases are up. Between people trying to drive way too fast or more direct methods of trying to kill themselves and/or others it's been kind of crazy. And yes the COVID case numbers are going up. BUT we're getting better and dealing with it so the death rate is not as high. The biggest issue is that antivirals can help keep things from getting worse but the damage that's done to the body is far harder to deal with. The media isn't helping because they like to talk about how various things we try aren't approved - this is NEW so NOTHING has been fully approved. Even remdesivir which recently got a rather rushed approval isn't the ultimate as it seems to do best if the patient isn't seriously ill yet. There's constant news about vaccines but we have no clue yet just how effective or for how long any of those will be.........

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not too sure. The media is so focused on politics I can't even tell what's going on in New York right now. It looks like my county is an orange zone for per capita. Not looking so good right now.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I thought for a while the media would stop reporting on COVID entirely to report on how violent the polls were in spite of the fact my polling place was the normal calm voting experience with various representatives of candidates waving signs of their candidate. But I've a feeling with the case numbers going up as soon as the election is over they'll be back to COVID unless something more exciting comes along......

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The News is just eating up any little droplet of info and tout it as news. It's not news, the studies and trials need time to develop and analyzed. But we're getting news on every tiny detail as "news."
The entirety of 2020 has been politicized which is really saddening. I have to scroll through 18 pages of news articles just to find something that isn't related to U.S, Corona or Vaccines and Pandemic Mentality for my final Article for Global Issues Class. (Could probably find a different website. But i've gotten 5 A+'s for the previous ones.)

8-BitNovels

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep, another lockdown in grey cold sad England. Up to the 2nd of December as they say.
Luckily schools isn't close down and so I can do my mocks coming in a few weeks.
Outside of school, I'm just a full on introvert so, yay for me and nay for the others?

Anyways, as per usual, cases are increasing and it's inevitable for some to start turning out positive within the school. Already one of the other schools in the county has been entirely closed down due to cases.
So hopefully I'll be able to actually do the mocks that may become my actual GCSEs if the next terms find itself closed.

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm in sweden, we never had any lockdowns.
But visiting people in the hospitals and elder care is completely banned. Not even if your granma's just had her leg amputated.
And recently there were announcements that it's heavily reccomended to avoid all public transport, unless absolutely necessary.
The covid numbers have gone up by a lot the past few weeks, but then they're also testing a lot more now so... And the death and hospitalization curves are still pretty flat.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
More cases here in US. Had about 1000 deaths for about 4 straight days in a row. Over 4000 cases a day in our state. I think Massachutesetts is heading for lockdown next. Texas is now the epicenter of the virus. Stay safe everyone. :)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I slowly put back my lab in order kind of from two years of bedbugs invasion and kinda found myself well isolated socially. It ended and I was about to busk with my robot out of the cleaning bags, when... DUM DUM DUM... All the world lived and somehow understood what happened to me with a virus, no bugs.

But, not I am sorry to put this that way, it kinda helps my healing process that the whole worlds feels like turning like the batsh*it paranoid crazies I was then but true this will be second year and this also means no more busking for me also :(

And I know everyone needs some "cheer-me up vitamins" :S Just sad that not being able to provide also is bad for my health somehow. (Body frame expansion).

And yeah, I am following the security measures. Just feels like in 1984 novel or Metropolis movie with that pedestrians now having also directions like cars in mall, streets and shops o_O

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think most of our issues with covid won't resolve until we get a good vaccine. We just all need to stay strong till that happens.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of people are pinning their hopes on a vaccine but we don't truly know what the long term results will be for any vaccines we get. It's entirely possible it may be something you have to get a couple of shots a year for especially as it keeps mutating. Corona viruses tend to mutate enough we'll probably be playing catchup with it constantly.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very true. But I think a good vaccine will at least reduce our numbers. The jury is still out on whether it will be fully effective but at this point just reducing the number of cases will help. They experts say it is possible we will need one every year. If we can just bring the numbers down it will help. News out today a vaccine by Phizer is showing 90% effectiveness against the virus. Time will tell if it will truly work. Still some good news.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well I just had most of a class all test positive or get exposed all at once. I lucked out only because the positive cases had been out for 2 weeks and the exposures were all out of class, but work has granted me permission to move those classes online only. Waiting permission on the rest though.

Also our state capital the hospitals just announced they are at 100% capacity. They are still finding room, but they won't be able to much longer.

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just out of curiosity I checked the pricing on freezers that can handle the temperatures of the various proposed COVID vaccines and they START at like $7000 and the places that make them seem to be seriously backordered right now. So even if the vaccines are approved I have to wonder just how they are going to be distributed. And that's just in the US. From what I've been reading only a fraction of the global population will ever see a vaccine.

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Marquise* True lets hope and pray that does not happen. I can see why "love of money is the root of all evil" Seems so true today with the layoffs and furloughs. I know companies must profit but I think the CEO could take a hit for his team. After all its his team that keeps the company moving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostPunishR