Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Regarding Remdesivir, my cousin is a biochemist that works for the company that makes it. He admitted it wasn't the miracle cure everyone hoped for, but the market demanded something, so they rushed it out the door. What we should really be watching is the 2 experimental vaccines under development, one by UCLA (I think), and the other I forget...but the method in which these new vaccines works is totally different from vaccines already in the market. It works by dissolving the virus' cell membrane of most Coronaviruses (not just COVID-19). This means, other similar viruses, such as the common cold, could be eradicated using this novel vaccine! (Let's hope it works as they claim lol)

The drug company Pfizer has also a new vaccine being testing, and so far has a 95% success rate. I believe this is a traditional type of vaccine though (which is fine). Unfortunately, they don't have the manufacturing capacity to treat everyone. Only 50 million doses can be made by this year's end, and only half would go to the US, with the other half going to other countries. This is an order of magnitude less than what we need...

On a side note, this video about the Black Death really got to me:
We really are so lucky to live in this modern era...

Also, for those hoping for a quick end to this pandemic...keep in mind the Spanish Flu of 1918 (H1N1 virus) lasted 3 years, and the Black Death (Yersinia pestis) lasted 5 years. (Yes the Spanish Flu is the same H1N1 virus as the "Swine Flu" of 2009) So with how interconnected our modern world is, and how virulent COVID-19 is, I doubt we'll see a quick end to this...

Edit: Some statistical perspective
1606077092539.png

Last edited:

zzmmorgan

I've used punchcards
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Based on my experience with vaccines in the military I'm not wanting to be first in line for anything that hasn't got a proven track record. Over 20 years before the almost continual bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia that had suddenly started when I was in almost as suddenly went away. It's now been almost 15 years since I had pneumonia and I've only had bronchitis like once since things finally calmed down.

I've had my doubts about anyone getting a truly effective vaccine for corona viruses. BUT if they can pull it off then yeah we could possibly end the common cold. I also have seen a LOT of links between many types of cancer and viral infections so if we can eventually end most viral infections we might actually stop many cancers from ever starting....

Meanwhile I strongly suspect that wearing a mask will remain mandatory for healthcare for at least the next couple of years and possibly become a permanent thing. Unless we can completely eradicate diseases the public wearing of masks and "social distancing" might well become a permanent thing as well......

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I am alright, I caught it in June and it almost took me and now i have it again but i don't very many symptoms. The antibodies must be working lol.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was very supportive in the beginning, especially because wearing masks and stuff is a good thing and I wish it was etablished before.
But Im starting to question this "epidemic", because politicans really start to make weird decisions and are suspicious in general.

Jennavieve

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Edit: Some statistical perspective
View attachment 168722

Unfortunately, this chart has gone out of date. The number of COVID deaths is just shy of 1.4M now. Those numbers probably aren't totally accurate but there's for sure way more than 4.7k deaths now. Still only a 2% fatality rate at least though but it's alarming how quickly it's spreading now.

As for me, 2020 has been tough as an introvert since my husband and daughter are always home. It's become nearly impossible to get any time to myself (which I really need to keep my batteries charged) and it's especially tough trying to keep up with my 5 year old's super charged energy. Still, things could be worse. At least my husband and I are still employed and we're not struggling to pay the bills or anything. And even though I don't get enough quiet time, I couldn't ask for a better husband or daughter.

The last few weeks have been especially rough though since my mom passed away in a car accident on Nov 1st. She had been struggling with her mental health for awhile, which was another fun complication to have during 2020, so I always expected to eventually get a call that something had happened to her but I certainly didn't expect it to be a car accident. It's been hard coping with the loss and having to handle all the financial and legal odds and ends that have to be seen to on top of it. I'm her only child and she was divorced so everything has fallen on me to take care of.

It would be really nice to have our regular family Christmas celebration after dealing with her loss, especially since it was her favorite holiday and also her birthday. Sadly, COVID is spreading faster than ever lately and it's looking more and more like that's not going to be a possibility for this year.

On the bright side, I'm really glad to have RPG Maker now. It's given me something constructive and fun to focus my energy on (when I actually have some free time). This forum has also been a wonderful asset. You guys are great and I hope everybody here is doing as well as they can in these trying times.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I caught the rona back in april (my unlucky sickly butt always catching something) and since then after losing my place I've been in straight survival mode. since i'm out here scratching out a dinky miserable existence, my stress levels are way high and I'm hella afraid of getting sick again. (i almost died and my heart, liver, kidneys and lungs are operating at 70%. yay -_-) I have a bag of vitamins i keep on me that i take every day.
I'm really frightened of crowds and i don't watch the telly anymore because it's depressing.
Where i am, goofballs who don't care about other people's health are making the numbers go up and things are down to a crawl (unless you're doing online work it's insane).
So my main to do - stay alive, find something to eat, find a warm place to stay, keep healthy as best i can - is my highest priority. i hate that it's like this.
Between wasting yet more money on app fees on places that reject me without much explanation, and dealing with sketchy landlords, I program a bit when I can to keep sane while i hope i find something that isn't a handyman's dream trap house.

Last edited:

Leokids

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Sorry,But My Status said this

People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.

Turnkey

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I caught the rona back in april (my unlucky sickly butt always catching something) and since then after losing my place I've been in straight survival mode. since i'm out here scratching out a dinky miserable existence, my stress levels are way high and I'm hella afraid of getting sick again. (i almost died and my heart, liver, kidneys and lungs are operating at 70%. yay -_-) I have a bag of vitamins i keep on me that i take every day.
I'm really frightened of crowds and i don't watch the telly anymore because it's depressing.
Where i am, goofballs who don't care about other people's health are making the numbers go up and things are down to a crawl (unless you're doing online work it's insane).
So my main to do - stay alive, find something to eat, find a warm place to stay, keep healthy as best i can - is my highest priority. i hate that it's like this.
Between wasting yet more money on app fees on places that reject me without much explanation, and dealing with sketchy landlords, I program a bit when I can to keep sane while i hope i find something that isn't a handman's dream trap house.
I don’t really have much to say, other than a see this and hope for the best for you

Also we can talk if you ever need someone

Last edited by a moderator:

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a serious question, are any of you long haulers from a serious bout of the virus cause I kinda wanna compare symptoms. I've been having a lot of problems and have been in and out of the hospital since i got out in august. I'm currently back in, if you feel like replying in here or sending me a message it would be nice because some of my symptoms are severe. I just want to know if this is how my body will be from now on. thank you guys

alltheyuriz

The Question Asker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Hollow 1977 That's not quite what i meant, a covid long hauler is someone who has had covid and are experiencing long term symptoms. I'm looking for someone who has had it and has the same symptoms. but thank you for the link to the site

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't been on the site in so long, that I didn't realize the previous posts had been locked down since June.

My state has restrictions in place on certain levels of schooling and dining again. The store is selling out of Christmas related items faster than in years past. (The amount of times I've been asked about lights...)

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@alltheyuriz not a patient myself (Luckily) but a friend of mine does fit that description. They experience brain fog, fatigue and trouble breathing (weakend lung muscle) as longterm effects. Doctors cant say if this is permanent or if it will disappear with time but they are treating it as chronic.

Prolly doesnt help you much but yeah, it can leave a def mark that May or May not be permanent :/

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Lost some dearest acquaintances last year. Took me by surprise but being in the half centuries and beyond peoples, I should not be astonished. :(

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I read on a forum one family lost three to the covid. Can't imagine having to deal with such loss and just before the holidays too.

While we have a vaccine on the way, now we have a mutation of the covid that is wreaking havoc in the UK and South Africa. Apparently they are saying this new strain is 75% more contagious.

Last edited:

Ferlucia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Personally, our office has switched back to remote work via employee tracking app. I cannot condemn the decision of the authorities to reinforce the precautions, the situation is getting worse.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Yeah I noticed too. Yesterday went out of my way to go buy envelope for government papers to send and... envelope were non essential and I knew that when I was to pay. The manager went really fast to remove it from my items saying that I got it while I knew it was forbidden to sell and it had a sign.

Well there was none and I didn't knew.

Also, the alleys in the store were impossible to follow in direction due to some closed and it broke directions. Because of it an elderlier person grumbled insult as to the attention of me not going in the right direction... When the directions were broken! *sigh*

New year starting on red alert and karenizing population. :S

Hollow 1977

Rpg MV Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
With new strains forming and now one in Brazil is more contagious and dangerous one wonders when this will end. Stay safe everyone.

@Frostorm Excellent video. The decisions families had to make when one would get it. Nearly brought me to tears. So thankful Covid is not as dangerous but still taking many lives.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I got to my physician, we both agreed that pandemic is there to stay until we all develop immunity to it or... you know.

So I'm nostalgic of the time our calendar meant something and we had a cycle in our weeks, instead of getting fat at home and only shop and interact on-line or being said only necessary goods are legals now and keeping wondering which day of the week or month we are into.

At least pets can soothe a lot.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat
TextBox like JRPG (Retro):

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngminh581