Vision Spire Infini (Updated! Demo available)

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by SomaelCK, Dec 31, 2012.

1. SomaelCK

SomaelCK Lv 99 Simple Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Warning : This game contains mild 'crude language', implicit violence and gore and 'fictional' religious overtones.

Proudly Presented by
    [​IMG]
    Vision Spire Infini © 2012-13 Kodots Games​
    [​IMG]
    "Reveal the dark secret within…
    The time for Apocalypse is drawing near, the silence of tranquility has been broken by tattoo of the heart of doom.
    O... dauntless Riders of Fate, Quest for the Ring, and save yourself from imminent destruction."
     ​
    STORY SYNOPSIS
    A newly transferred student (Haru:default name) found herself trapped in a nightmarish dream-like realm.Ominous wails echoed the corridors and bone chilling shrieks woke the silence. A terrible monstrosity started to hunt Haru down, where she could not do anything but run for her life.

Haru witnessed another trapped girl, fall victim to the monster and get brutally and mercilessly slaughtered. From what seemed like a no- escape situation, Haru was brought to a mysterious place called "Room of Commencement' and there she awakened her hidden potential, the "God Manifestation", by her sheer will to live. She vanquished the monster with new found god-like strength and escaped from the hellish realm... or so she thought.

Her nightmare had just started. She had been chosen as a Rider, the one who Quest for the lost "Golden Ring", the legendary treasure which was lost in the demonic realm of Vision Spire. It said that the one who mastered the Ring can lead the destiny of the world itself, and only then they can finally escape from their doomed fate.

Struggling between survival and a normal school life, she needs to uncover the secret of the 'Demonic Realm’ that she had ventured, in order to confront her own fate.

Features :

-Venture into the Demonic Realm of ‘Vision Spire’ in dungeon crawling style RPG with survival and horror elements.

-Immerse in the robust student life, join clubs, do part-time jobs and more.

-Master the ‘God Manifestation’ and unlock the potential within and gather over 140+ godly beings to your aid.

-Become friends with unique individuals who will aid you in the coming battle, or become their enemy. The choice is yours.

Characters
    In order to avoid the spoiler, I'll just add about the characters who appear in the demo, not all of them.

[​IMG]
    Name : (Haru) Katsutoshi
    Brief Description : Main protagonist of the game.She has somewhat androgynous appearance. Her silent demeanor had been mistakenly marked as shyness but in reality, she is serious, head-strong and brave girl, who loves challenges.

[​IMG]
    Name : Yuriko Hishima
    Brief Description : Yuriko is a kind and caring girl. She is easily startled, naive to a fault and somewhat timid which made her a target for bullies. However, when cornered, she can be surprisingly strong and reliable. She would go as far as joining up with Haru to venture into the strange realm for the sake of her lost friend.

Screenshots
    [​IMG]Battle gameplay. Just Haru beating the Sh** out of the baddie 

[​IMG]

Have I told you how awesome Aki-sensei is?

[​IMG]

We all know a teacher like this.

[​IMG]

Haru: MY EYES! I should've brought an umbrella...

[​IMG]

Day view. Pretty dorm is pretty.

[​IMG]

Night view of the pretty dorm.

[​IMG]

Pretty school is pretty too

[​IMG]

Monk: *I hope she donates a lot

[​IMG]

Oh, a creepy window in a dark corridor. Sure, let's take a peek!

[​IMG]

A high school girl in a dark and creepy corridor. Just a normal day in Vision Spire Inifini. 

[​IMG]

U go girl~

[​IMG]

Umm... whatever you say, lady

[​IMG]

Haru's dorm. The perks of being a rich kid.

[​IMG]

Dorm's Lounge room. Pretty neat, eh?

Minigames
    [​IMG]Haru, giving her best in diving class...

[​IMG]

I take back what I said

[​IMG]

'Dinner Run' Arcade style game :3 Baaa~

[​IMG]

It tastes just like rice.

Download Links
     ​
    [~170MB]​
     ​
    [~370MB]​

NOTICE : If you have trouble SAVING the game (for Window 7 and Vista)... try running it in Administrator mode.
     ​
    Current Updates

Hello guys! Long time no update!!!The latest v1.03 update includes our newly enhanced graphics (custom sprites) and a new mini-game, 'Dinner Run'! 

Please take a look at the updated screenshots, and of course, try out the actual demo \(^_^)/

And don't forget to tell us what you think about the update :)

** We kinda rushed this update, so we might've missed some errors again. Please point them out if you noticed any. It will help us out a lot in the next update **

Credits

-RPG maker VX ACE Engine- [RMVXAce]© 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC

-Yanfly Engine Ace and scripts ; by Yanfly.

-MOG scripts ; by Moghunter

-Splash Logo - KGC_TitleDirection ; by KGC group

-Khas Awesome Light Effects v1.0 E ; by Khas Arcthunder

-Quest Journel ; by modern algebra

-Modern Day Tile and Modern Day Shop for some parts of the game.[MD Tile and MD Shop]© 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC; artists Lunarea and Celianna.

-Samurai VX Pack for some parts of the game.[samurai VX pack]© 2012 ENTERBRAIN, INC

-Some non-RTP music ; by Aaron Krogh

- Opening Song - Die Schwarzen Reiter
    - Battle voice From King of Fighters 2008 (sound rips)

note: Permission to use materials/items where third-party owned material protected by copyright is included has been sought and cleared where possible.If any items requiring clearance have unintentionally included or failed to credit the due owner, Kodots Games will be pleased to make amends at the earliest possible opportunity.
    Kodots Games Members

-SomaelCK
    -HaruAkira

Support us
    It would be a great help if you could test the game and give us feedback

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Code:
    [url="http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/7648-vision-spire-infini-demo-available-without-rtp-demo-added/"][img=https://dl.dropbox.com/u/54096612/Sig.png][/url]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  2. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update : New Screenshots added and Mediafire download links added for those who have allergy with Dropbox.

New Screenshots

[​IMG]Haru's room... yeah, she is a messy girl :p

[​IMG]

Better, clearer battle screenshot.

[​IMG]

Yuriko in the battle!!!

[​IMG]

I wish... I could find that one on the ground too.Lucky Haru is lucky.

[​IMG]

And channel the power of Bolt, 'Usain Bolt' and run for your dear life.

[​IMG]

It just need to be washed...

[​IMG]

Yoko in her 'Genius' mode turned on...
    Mediafire Download Links

Vision Spire Infini (without RTP) Mediafire download link (133 MB)

Vision Spire Infini (RTP) Mediafire download link Part 1

Vision Spire Infini (RTP) Mediafire download link Part 2

Vision Spire Infini (RTP) Mediafire download link Part 3 (Total 320 MB)

NOTICE : If you have trouble SAVING the game (for Window 7 and Vista)... try running it in Administrator mode.

So have you guys tested the game? How was it? Please lemme know what you think...

3. Puppet of Fate

Puppet of Fate Master Puppeteer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The lighting is amazing but on the screenshot with the Valkyrie, the Valkyrie should be in front of the tiles so I would position the picture above that. With the valkyrie behind, it looks awkward.

4. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, thanks for pointing that one out. It's the result of my rushing.

I always think of fixing that and keep forgetting it. This time, I'll make sure I fix that one, once and for all XD.

5. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Even More NEW Screenshots

[​IMG]Night time stroll

[​IMG]

Now... that's interesting, isn't it? XDD

[​IMG]

School time...

[​IMG]

Another school scene.

[​IMG]

^ Like if you have experienced that too, oh wait, this is not facebook XD

[​IMG]

Should I unlock it? Gotta catch'em all time?!
    Note : No comment about the demo so far, that mean no one bothered to try the game? Please, it would be a great help, if you could comment about what flaw of design from my topic is stopping you from trying the demo. Or, if you have tried the game (God bless you), it would be a great help, if you share your thought with us.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
    HaruAkira likes this.
  6. HaruAkira

HaruAkira Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I wonder if anyone tried our game yet... o_O

Poor Haru.. She tried so hard for it >.<

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  7. Chaos Avian

Chaos Avian Abyssal Wing Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Hehe, this looks quite interesting. It kinda screams Persona at me (Especially Persona 2 and 3), plus the artwork looks kind of nice. I'll give a shot and give feedback~

[​IMG] This is too cute!! x3

HaruAkira and SomaelCK like this.
  8. HaruAkira

HaruAkira Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Haru is very happy :D We thank you for deciding to try our game :)

And of course, Persona is one of the main inspiration for our project. Oh, but we did try hard not to become a rip-off of Persona, but a rather unique SMT-style RPG :)

We look forward to your feedback :3

SomaelCK and Chaos Avian like this.
  9. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for trying our game out. We put some real effort in making this demo, and we can promise, at least, you won't be disappointed.

There are, of cuz , so many areas we need to polish up. Please feel free to give us your thoughts :)

10. Chaos Avian

First Language:
    English
    So that was me playing for the last hour or so (lost against the boss due to not changing from Valkyrie ^^') I like the fact that you can be really sadistic with your enemy encounters, battles are either really easy (at the cost of MP) or really hard (SMT difficulty). The boss is quite intense as well and oh my god, I LOVED the intro for that boss fight, how did you do that I wonder :3 Anyway, here's a short review I made while playing~

Review:

- First of all, I loved the opening movie, it's somethign very rare in VX Ace games~

- At the beginning, when you get warped after touching the mirror, I feel the addition of music breaks the tension, I was seriously wondering what was going to come around the next corner. Personal thing though.

- The scenery shift while walking and running scene through the corridor was great, loved that!~

- Your use of eventing and lighting is fantastic. Just before using Neiblung the animation where the shadow says to use their power, I like the way the animation light up the face ever so slightly~

- Ah yes, the Persona feels, Faculty Office, Rumor-Loving Girl, "you gave the correct answer" xD ~<3

- I love Akira's personality, such a cool teacher~

- I really do like the random weather and time system you have :)

- The mapping is quite nice as well.

- Are you going commercial by any chance? The RTP music kinda irks me slightly, maybe it's just me lol

- I LOVE the diving game! Although I messed it up first time (loved the cute little cut-in) xD

- A couple of spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, but not that major.

SomaelCK and HaruAkira like this.
  11. HaruAkira

HaruAkira Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you very much! :D We really appreciate your full review ^___^ I'm glad that you like my opening movie and cut scenes :D I'll be polishing the opening movie later since I alone did the whole thing and had to rush, thanks to my boss XD

Anyway, Thanks again :)

SomaelCK likes this.
  12. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    T-thanks :) Me and my artist months worth of hard work had paid of well :)

Actually, most of the cut-scenes, mini-games, and game-systems are made by just eventing, mainly because we know nothing about Scripting. I am really glad you found my battle balancing not very terrible. It's just SMT again that inspired me... easy if you know the monster, hard as hell if you try to tackle them without any info < that stuff.

Yes, we tailored this game to be a commercial one and sadly, I have yet to found a musician... so using RTP music for now ( and they aren't that bad for non-RM ppl)

And... yes... I think I need to revised all the texts again for grammar and spelling check XD. I usually mess that up :)

Thank again for the review :)

Chaos Avian and HaruAkira like this.
  13. Chaos Avian

First Language:
    English
    Ah thought so, apart from Aaron Krogh's occasional song all the songs were RTP which I caught into quite quickly. Still kudos for the original art, I really do like it and also, are cyan yurikago and Lud Sakura's battlers free for commercial use?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  14. Amiasek

Amiasek I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Hey, I played your game a little and it's pretty nice! Was forced to quit, cause of little bug. If you try to assault this nameless guy, you will get error that there is no battler for him. But despite that, it's solid game.

I love the very first scenes, they have so good climat, which was very scary btw.

Found myself little bored of this school-life, but well it may be funny for others, I'm just tired of my own school.

The tale so far is very good, whole "being chosen stuff" reminds me of "Tower of God" manhwa, but that is big plus, cause I love that comics!

Idea of god like a powers for heroes is great, when I saw ammount of that crystal in that other space was outstanding, I'd love to have all of this powers in my weaponry.

The enemies was very powerfull at first time you fight with them, in latter battles, when you know how to fight them, battle begin to be ralaxing and fast.

So, I'm looking forward this game, probably gonna play demo once againg, now without fightning nameless . :)

P.S sorry for poor usage of English, still learning it.

15. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It's said that Cyan doesn't allow the battlers for Business use, but he allow them for Doujin works... a bit confusing.We are just using them in demo, all will be replaced later, including Sakura's, all with Original Battlers.

EDIT : Confirmed, Sakura's artworks are FREE to use in/for anything.

@ = Amiasek, OH!! Thanks for pointing out the bug!!! and thank you for trying, I'll fix it right away :) .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2013
  16. flirion

flirion White Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just completed the demo, I really loved it.

The maps are nice, characters art is really good, the boss intro was really cool, the opening movie is well made, can't wait for the complete game.

Keep up the good work ! :)

Chaos Avian, HaruAkira and SomaelCK like this.
  17. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for trying our game :) . It'll be while before we really finished the game tho but I'll keep update the demo with new content :)

18. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Update : We are recruiting for our project now :) [skill Trading] :)

We need a scripter, musician and pixel artist :)

Check this topic for more detail :

Click here

HaruAkira likes this.
  19. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Just a quick bit on feedback, because I had to answer on your cute signature's question! I wanted to test this project, but I was put off when I saw the size of the demo+rtp version. I don't have vx ace rtp and I don't want to download 3 separate files just for a demo. Try bringing it down to 200mb: Mediafire allows files up to 200mb.

I'll try the demo sooner or later though, because I think it's a pretty interesting project. I'm a fan of Atlus, currently trying to defeat the last puzzle in Catherine. (I remember I read something about Persona in the project thread, right?)

20. SomaelCK

First Language:
    Burmese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I think I could cut all the unnecessary materials ( for demo ) to reduce the size to like around (280)MB. Please, give it a try, it'll not be disappointing, at the very least :) .

The game is similar to Persona but we took extra care not to become a clone.

Off topic : Ahh Cathrine XD. I remember having nightmare about that last stage... and kept hearing Dumuzid BEAMMMM!!! for a few days. The last stage is about luck really, not skill, esp when you are nearing at the top.