Visual Equipment, for events.

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by ZelsesWind, Sep 13, 2017.

1. ZelsesWind

ZelsesWind Villager Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello everyone.

I am looking to implement visual equipments. Rexal's script does the job well for the player, so I'll use that.

The thing is that the battle system I am using is made with common events, and the characters are displayed via events on the map. Do you know a plug in that allows to display layers of images upon an event?

I checked Masked's MBS-visual equipment and it supposedly have this option, but no matter what I do, I cannot make it work properly on characters nor events, and the lack of information on the internet makes it quite hard for me to figure out what is wrong.

Would you help me out please? If there is no plug in available some teaching about said plug in would be appreciated too in the matter, if it's my only choice.

2. ZelsesWind

First Language:
    Spanish
    *Bump?*

3. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can do it fully evented but it would be some huge ass events. With tons of conditional branches to change the image based on the equipment or whatever.

4. ZelsesWind

First Language:
    Spanish
    Yeah, it would be a freaking huge common event and a million of possible combinations to write. I was running away from this by attempting to seek help here, but unless I learn Javascript I guess that's the only option I'll have by now D:

5. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What kind of combat system is it if its fully evented on map? If youre using basic MV sprites theres not that much you can show in terms of visual stuff. So you can have every like heavy armor in your game show a single graphic, etc for your other types. So its not completely crazy

6. ZelsesWind

First Language:
    Spanish
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately in my case it might be a bit overwhelming - I am not using default sprites, but bigger 96x96 ones. I was planning on having 6 + 2 individual different armor types, which pushes me to look for some sort of plug in, to make all combinations possible in a different way than conditional branches, if player decides to equip different kind of armor pieces. (Ex: bronze gloves + iron boots, etc)

I wanted to increase appeal a little bit with visual equipments, but I might try another way to simplify things.

7. Silenity

Silenity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could commission a plugin to do that perhaps :p