SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for a plugin that overlays a sideview battler of a weapon.

One of the most exciting things about getting a new weapon in the PS1 Final Fantasy games was getting into a battle and seeing your character holding their new sword / gun / gunblade, but the default options in MZ are very limited and the weapon only shows during an attack animation.

What I'd ideally want is to have a side view battler for just the weapon and to simply display that image on top of the battler's image. Maybe just use the Notetag in the Weapons section of the Database to say "Hey, this weapon uses this image file."

This plugin by Gabe is almost exactly what I want: https://dromarch.itch.io/akea-visual-weapons, it uses a side view battler graphic, the weapon's always visible and mirrors the fighter's state / stance, and it's free for commercial use BUT it requires the Akea Battle System and I don't want to use Akea, partly because it looks like a lot of setup for this one benefit and partly because I'm using the VisuStella battle plugins and worry about compatibility if I start mixing Akea in there too.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rules say I get one bump every 72 hours, right? It's essentially layering two battler images on top of each other. One for the fighter, one for the weapon. I'm hoping that's a fairly straight forward plugin?

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Da-bump. I don't know Javascript, but I'm guessing the setup would be something like:
  • Recognise a battle has started.
  • Read the player character's equipped weapon
  • Read the weapon's notetag to see if that weapon has a battler
  • Grab the player character's position and overlay the weapon's battler image on top of the player's
  • Listen for changes to the player's animation / state so the weapon's battler can stay in sync with it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite