Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DaniAngione

1 - Easily? Not yet, but that's on the to-do list for when I'm able to work on plugins again. But right now it's possible to do by equipping cosmetic armor to them and hiding the equipment slots, or by setting the "name" portion of VE Image to a variable( i.e. $gameVariables.value(3) ) and then assigning a string to that variable. The easiest way to do that is to use the Control Variables event command, setting the operand to Script, then writing out the word you want inside quotation marks.

2 - Other than the above method, not really. Modifying the notes themselves will permanently change the actor, so unless you're using a single save file a la Pokémon, it would cause quite a few problems.

3 - Prefix for items is more so you can change the prefix of the Actor when they equip it, like if a male actor put on a certain magic ring they'd become female. Something like that. I'll have this effect for things like classes and states when I'm able to as well.

Jhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi Rexal,

I think this plugin should be a must have on every project. My project is possible thanks to it.

Is anyway to make states capable of change layers?

Thanks for your work!!!

Rexal

Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jhin

Not yet. I haven't been able to update this for a while, but that's one of the things I'm going to put in once I can.

Jhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Ok, thank you.

I will check this topic periodically expecting for that update.

Another time, thanks for your work.

DaniAngione

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Answers 1 & 2

Oh, thank you very much. This will indeed be useful, I didn't think about cosmetic slots/hiding them. I think I can achieve what I want with that :)

Might not be the fanciest solution... but if it works, :D  it works. Thank you very much!

Right, that makes much more sense. Duh, I should've figured that out with the demo, lol. Anyway, thank you for the reply.

As everyone else already said - this is an awesome plugin! Keep it up and thank you very much for your time and effort :3

DarkEssance

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@DaniAngione

1 - Easily? Not yet, but that's on the to-do list for when I'm able to work on plugins again. But right now it's possible to do by equipping cosmetic armor to them and hiding the equipment slots, or by setting the "name" portion of VE Image to a variable( i.e. $gameVariables.value(3) ) and then assigning a string to that variable. The easiest way to do that is to use the Control Variables event command, setting the operand to Script, then writing out the word you want inside quotation marks.

this is generally a good idea on how to have changeable hair styles but...

I was just wondering how I would go about hiding the equipment slot? ;3

QuirkiDigital11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Rexal! Made an account just to comment here. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful plugin! It took me a while to learn how to use it properly (I'm probably not utilizing it in the most efficient manner though), and actually managed to make the character customization menu I wanted to do :D

It's still rough, but I'm heading somewhere I think! It wouldn't have been possible without your plugin. Hopefully I don't bump into too many problems as I continue forth haha.

I also made a gif demonstrating the in game customization options. 

customization test.gif

mimi-min

Will draw for food.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems really useful! I tried out the demo, but got killed in the fight against yourself thingy, :( Pretty funny though overall! 

I'm wondering if you managed to fix the delay when updating the faces. It seems like you're pretty busy, though. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Rexal

Digital Fuzzball
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C#
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DarkEssance Basically you'd have to either have a plugin that can do that or edit the equip window itself and just not reference the slot.

@QuirkiDigital11 Looking good!

@mimi-min Yeah, it's kinda difficult. I'm not sure why as it's been a while since I've worked on this, but their stats are pretty unbalanced. Way to go, past me.

I haven't been able to do any work on this, unfortunately. After I turned 22 I suddenly and inexplicably got a life, and have had to deal with all sorts of things that have taken up most of my time. I'm hoping that things will settle down in a month or two, but...who knows.

esziaprez

I'm in the Gaame !!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Can you write the filesize for the demo cause it is not allow to see the total weight with Edge and github. It's useless for me know but maybe useful for somebody later. Especialy when you have a very low bandwidth and you want to estimate the download time. I really like this work, your plugin is really cool. The poses can be use to make actions command too. So nice ;-)

agm1393

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hi! I'm trying to mix this script with some of Yanfly's ones. It works perfect, but once in combat, the damage dealt by the enemies doesn't appear. Does anyone have the same problem or tried to find a solution?

Thanks!

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can I someone how make it so states add parts as well when active?

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems the update to RMMV 1.3 broke this plugin not allowing tiles to render or for different resolutions to be displayed correctly. The author seems to be inactive and I would prefer this plugin to function with my current project. I am more than happy to fix this issue myself, but I am not too familiar with Pixi or how RMMV renders graphics under the hood. I looked into the JS file for this plugin and nothing jumps out at me too much as to where the issue might be given it is modifying the character sprites directly and not other graphical functions (and the character sprites do work). If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

?????

Developer??
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey I have a question or rather a suggestion. I'm using the VE images to make characters completely out of parts, but I want to allow the player to be able to customize his character. is there any way to change the default VE images set on a character without having to equip something? (I want the player to be able to choose skin color, hair, eyes, etc)

narome2b

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Fr, En, Sp
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello !

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your work. It's a very usefull plugin !

Then, I wanted to report you a bug, and maybe someone have a solution for me.

When I enable your plugin, the balloon effect doesn't work. When I disable it, it works perfectly.

Do you have any idea ?

Regards.

ChampX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello !

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your work. It's a very usefull plugin !

Then, I wanted to report you a bug, and maybe someone have a solution for me.

When I enable your plugin, the balloon effect doesn't work. When I disable it, it works perfectly.

Do you have any idea ?

Regards.

Open the file in notepad or any text editor.

Change the following:

scub = Sprite_Character.prototype.updateBalloon;
Sprite_Character.prototype.updateBalloon = function() {
scub.call(this);
     if (this._balloonSprite) {
        this._balloonSprite.x = 0;
        this._balloonSprite.y = -this.height;
        }
};

to this:

// scub = Sprite_Character.prototype.updateBalloon;
// Sprite_Character.prototype.updateBalloon = function() {
// scub.call(this);
    // if (this._balloonSprite) {
        // this._balloonSprite.x = 0;
        // this._balloonSprite.y = -this.height;
        // }
// };

And that should fix the balloon effect.

narome2b

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Fr, En, Sp
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks a lot ! :)

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It seems the update to RMMV 1.3 broke this plugin not allowing tiles to render or for different resolutions to be displayed correctly. The author seems to be inactive and I would prefer this plugin to function with my current project. I am more than happy to fix this issue myself, but I am not too familiar with Pixi or how RMMV renders graphics under the hood. I looked into the JS file for this plugin and nothing jumps out at me too much as to where the issue might be given it is modifying the character sprites directly and not other graphical functions (and the character sprites do work). If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Just figured this out the hard way after a half hour of frustration and headaches.

Very frustrating because this is an amazing plugin. I'll have to export a bunch of images and event the crap out of them to do what I need to do.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The way images are loaded has changed.

Rexal's plugin overwrites the way images are loaded, which conflicts with 1.3.x

Add this to the bottom of the JS.

Just open it in notepad or something and then paste it at the very end.

Code:
Rexal.ImageManager.isReady = function() {
  for (var key in this.cache._inner) {
        var bitmap = this.cache._inner[key].item;
        if (bitmap.isError()) {
            bitmap = this.loadEmptyBitmap();
        }
        if (!bitmap.isReady()) {
            return false;
        }
    }
    return true;
};

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you're using something like Galv's Character Frames(Diagonal, Idle, Running, Walking, etc) and extra frames for sideview, will this still work, or does it only work for images that are in the default format?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xrobbyx