- Apr 10, 2012
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Visual Novel Interaction Menu
aka sabao learns to code
by Ryan (Me) & Fiona
Version 1.01 (4/27/2016)
<I've added a 'Move' command as of version 1.01. I still feel there are already plenty of fully functional fast travel menus out (HERE and HERE to name a few) and those are more likely to be more feature-rich than anything I'd care to repeat here. For the sake of having it all ready to go though, I've put it on.>
- Creates a command window that lists specified events present in the map and activates the specified event on select.
- Events can be classified into three different actions: Move, Talk and Inspect.
- Easy to use?
Free to use for commercial and non-commercial projects. Please credit the authors. Also, tell us about your project so we can try it out!
How to Use:
- SceneManager.call(Scene_VNMenu) to call the menu.
- Add the comment vn_area on any event you want listed under the Move action.
- Add the comment vn_npc on any event you want listed under the Talk action.
- Add the comment vn_object on any event you want listed under the Inspect action.
- The script only checks for note tags on the active page of the event, so if you don't want the event to show up on the menu, just make a new page of that event without the note tag.
- Delisted events still show up on the menu!
Discovered that if Event A triggered a switch that made Event B go to its second page which is supposed to hide it from the NPC list, Event B will still show up on the menu. My current fix to this is adding a Wait command between Event A triggering the switch and calling the VN Menu. I believe this may be due to the fact that calling the menu suspends activity on the map, preventing Event B from refreshing itself into its non-active state before the menu compiles the event list.
Advice on how to deal with these would be greatly appreciated!
- The blurring and darkening of the screen bothers me. Still figuring out how to fix that.
- I wanted an option on the command window that could call the main menu, but SceneManager.call causes crashing.
- Darkening/disabling an option if no relevant event is present
- Make it prettier