NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, does anyone know when Visual Novel Maker is out it says Autumn on Steam but we're already in Autumn for ages so does anyone have a specific release date?

thanks Id like to know roughly when its out so I can save up my money to afford it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
autumn doesn't end until the end of November. I'd recommend getting something like dino builder which is basically the same thing tbh and has been out for a while so it's been bug tested and has a large userbase. 

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'd love to know when it's coming out, too!

Otherwise there would also be ren'py which is free as far as I remember. 

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I second ren'py, it is great for a free program.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will stop you lol...tyranno builder is no that nice and is TOTALLY not the same than Visual Maker where it's handle the possibility to actually extends the way your game will work while Tyranno can't it's hardcoded as f*ck.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So wait for Visual Novel Maker or get one already out? ><

Confused

I was waiting for the Degica one as i'm confident i'll be able to use it as I've used other makers RPG Maker for example obviously

Also not sure if Art I got made for RPG Maker games would be aloud to be used on VN Maker as it's made by same people but definitely would not work on other ones mentioned which would cost me more money to have them redrawn just because of a new license

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So wait for Visual Novel Maker or get one already out? ><

Confused

I was waiting for the Degica one as i'm confident i'll be able to use it as I've used other makers RPG Maker for example obviously

Also not sure if Art I got made for RPG Maker games would be aloud to be used on VN Maker as it's made by same people but definitely would not work on other ones mentioned which would cost me more money to have them redrawn just because of a new license

rpg maker and VN are  not the same author  it's archeia and another person who made the software.

and how I know? I got teased of how it's works long time ago.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well I still trust Archeia more as her stuff is always looking so good and it would be cool to buy something from someone I knew as helped community rather than another of the mentioned ones. if that makes sence atall.

Is it similar to how RPG works?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is not really the place to discuss when a resource pack will be coming out, but I can see how it got here.

What this is definitely not the place for, is discussing non-RM programs.  This is the official site for RM and Degica products. We do not permit the discussion of other engines.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry that other engines were mentioned I just posted here to find out when VN Maker was out but where do I put this if not here?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Moving this to Product Discussion and Support.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just created a new VN Maker boards. I didn't think people would be asking a lot about it here so :D

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks could you send me a link or is it on here?

Edit: found it

Can you say when a release date is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia, does this mean it's now allowed to discuss Visual Novel Maker and share screenshots from the program (once its out) in General Discussion and Game Mechanics Design?

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Brilliant!

It is great to know that the engine will support plugins and scripts. Just what I was hoping for :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
share screenshots from the program (once its out) in General Discussion and Game Mechanics Design

These should go in Game and Map Screenshots, as normal.

As for discussing VN in General Discussion and Game Mechanics Design, as always it depends on the subject matter.  Some topics could go there, others, like "How do I...?" queries properly belong in the VN forum, in the same way as those sorts of questions currently go in the appropriate support forum for the engine being used.  My guess (and that's all it is) is that many VNs won't have 'Game Mechanics' in quite the same way as other games.  But we'll have to wait and see what people come up with.

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These should go in Game and Map Screenshots, as normal.

As for discussing VN in General Discussion and Game Mechanics Design, as always it depends on the subject matter.  Some topics could go there, others, like "How do I...?" queries properly belong in the VN forum, in the same way as those sorts of questions currently go in the appropriate support forum for the engine being used.  My guess (and that's all it is) is that many VNs won't have 'Game Mechanics' in quite the same way as other games.  But we'll have to wait and see what people come up with.

well hehe the cool thing's about VN maker it's having the possibility to have open game code xD so we could technically like implement a lots of features 

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Checked on my wishlist and waiting.

BinaryCodex

Reader, Writer, Executor
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huzzah! I love visual novels and I will definitely want to play around with this software! Can't wait for it to come out!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finding synonyms for 'Crystal' is a bit awkward, because the thesaurus occasionally thinks I'm talking about drugs.
"Today I will totally open up RPG Maker and work on my game. I have lots of ideas!"

End of day spoiler: It didn't happen.
years later and I still couldn't get over the fact that Konami killed P.T. and Silent Hills. Oh so much potential for a new modern classic horror.
Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thaumaturge