kenibatz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VN Maker's support for Live2D sounds interesting. I hope this product launches soon. :)

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Oh...damn interesting. I have tried tyran....ahem, I mean, "other" engines. If this works a bit like rpg maker...where the community can create scripts and addons for the software so that you can have minigames as well as some other mechanics in your game, then I will instantly buy it. I can't wait to see what Visual Novel Maker is capable of.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wonder about it as visual novels are already possible in Rpg Maker (albeit with a lot of work) but I understand the need for a program that *only* makes visual novels. I'm going to buy it solely because I like breaking things down and making the program jump through hoops to push the boundaries of its limitations like I did with ig maker :D

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia, does this mean it's now allowed to discuss Visual Novel Maker and share screenshots from the program (once its out) in General Discussion and Game Mechanics Design?

There's a lot about rpg maker that makes it terrible for visual novels.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I hope the program has some basic "minigames" built in rather like rpgmaker has basic events which you can then customize and even make your own with scripts. 

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Minigames such as? :)

Such as the Fishing minigame from stardew valley. That would be so cool :)

I would also like to see some simple but good stuff to add variety and some additional playtime, something like the Sliding Puzzle by Raizen, or Galv's Minigames. But since I've heard that scripts are enabled I hope that the community will come up with a lot of unique ideas.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I could see those things as scripts, but they seem out of place as something to have as a default for a Visual Novel engine.  The only thing I could think of that would be nice to have as a default would be a point and click inventory interface, like you might have for a hidden object or adventure game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe minigames isn´t the right word but like shake-up in the gameplay would be nice. Like in the Ace Atoorney games where you have to examine evidence or dust for fingerprints. Or the FPS sequences in Snatcher.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe VNM already has image mapping (to be able to click on an image and have it do something different for multiple parts).

I think 'timed' clicks would be a nice touch, then you could create minigames with it (such as fishing, or selecting the right answer in X amount of seconds).

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Exactly what I mean! Just a few basics so that you can build the minigame yourself.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
So basicly a point-and-click mechanic? ^^ Yeah, that would be really nice. That way you could also create point and click games beside classic visual novels and would be able to do adventure stories aswell pretty easily. Or those games we call "Wimmelbild" in German where you have a looot of stuff lying in the picture und you'd need to find some special stuff to complete a quest/puzzle, haha.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think they are called hidden object games in english.

Indsh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm just commenting so I know when its actually out...make sure to leave a flurry of "Yay" post when this finally happens (because I don't know what its like where your living but it's definitely winter here in the UK) 

ScoopJohn

The guy who asks too many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks neat. I won't have to mess up around with Ren'py once i get this, but the only problem is the release date and the impatient wish of making funny visual novels with this software.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have tried Ren'py  as well, but it felt really stale and limiting. I do know you can create some fun stuff with it though, I have a friend who uses it. I hope visual novel maker is even better, though. 

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks neat. I won't have to mess up around with Ren'py once i get this, but the only problem is the release date and the impatient wish of making funny visual novels with this software.

Release date won't be too far off, it is in beta testing after all :)

I'd love to use VNM myself for my project, but I find MV just slightly more preferable for what I'm trying to achieve. If I had gone pure visual novel though, I'd definitely use VNM.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am hoping for a release within the next two weeks. I kinda want to buy this as a present as well since it is on steam. To keep the discussion going, has anyone figured out a story/setting for their visual novel yet?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
I am playing Momodora today and OMG this game is hard! o.o
Really happy to see people from Brazil doing an amazing game :3
Just noticed... I'm now called a Veteran not just Member...
Effervesce Fallacy™ - PV - C'est La Vie, for the best viewing experience, run the EXE, and adjust the audio via Options. The footsteps sounds are once again, barely audible. :frown: The PV only sounds as intended, if BGM Volume is set to 20%, or 40%, depending on your audio hardware.

Stream will be live shortly with some Gex 3! Tonight, I get revenge on the Buccaneer Program! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netispalsu