CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm so excited for VNN. I want to freeze myself like Cartman froze himself in South Park when he couldn't wait for the Wii haha.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just to add onto the conversation for the previous page - I tried a few VN editors, but all of them are very limited or offer very barebones features. If you wanted a VN like Phoenix Wright or parts of Shadows of Valentia, you'd pretty much have to code the whole thing by yourself. Showing and removing images is the easiest part but time-consuming if there's no quick function for it...

kalilachan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
*hyped* Makin a visual novel in rpgmaker mv was a challenge so I hope vn maker will make that easier with tha text an picture placement an everything.

Ooooh you are interested to make vns too Umbra?

skellig

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am really interested in VNM, but do we have any ETA, or is it still "coming soon"?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@skellig
no ETA published yet, and since they had to cancel the original ETA I really doubt that they'll give a new date until the program is really ready (probably only a few weeks before publishing if at all)

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm so excited for VNN. I want to freeze myself like Cartman froze himself in South Park when he couldn't wait for the Wii haha.
I feel like I HAVE been freezing myself to wait for this. I took a break from this forum, intending to come back when VNM was released yet still here we are...

But I am fairly certain it will be released very soon. Last month the developers said they looked for developers to try out the engine in return for a free key and the deadline was the end of june. This was advertised on their official twitter/facebook page so it should be alright to mention here.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if this has been asked already, but will there be a bust generator for the program, like the RPG Maker's character generators?

If not and you're stuck with the default busts & characters, then you could really only make 1 or 2 novels.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MRD256 because you think with a bust generator this would increase the story originality? no this will not increase it generally visual novel requires you to either draw it the art yourself or to hire a artist for it.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami - okay, it might not increase story originality, but it will save people from having to draw the art or hire an artist. Unless they want CG images.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MRD256 and this will the sh*ttiest visual novel you will ever see. Please stop trying to find a "good" reason behind the fact you don't want to pay or make effort for make games.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami - I don't know how you came to that conclusion, but just so you know, not all Visual Novels have CGs. Sure they aren't as good without them, but they aren't the point of a Visual Novel.

In my opinion, Visual Novels (as well as anything story based) are all about the story and how it's told. You don't need to spend massive amounts of money to make a good story. All CGs do is add more "umph!" to the scene.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami @MRD256

Please keep your wording civil

There are reasons both for and against the use of a bust generator, and yes there are good reasons for them as well.
Just for example if someone wants to tell a story for free, they simply can't pay an artist because they will never get something for their work.
And there are programs that do come with such generators (Comico Manga Maker for example) because it is a help for a lot of people.

EDIT: this was written before the message above was posted, especially in response to nio's "sh*tty"

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well I would still like a bust generator to come with the program, even if not, I'll see if I can find a program that does.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This won't come with a bust generator. It's just not very feasible, and would make your game look even uglier than if you were to draw everything yourself. Same face, same pose - it's going to get boring quick when you use a generator. And it's way more expensive to create one, than it is to create individual characters.

The fact it does come with character art (as well as background art, and music) is something you should be pleased with - it'll be the first visual novel engine that does so.

You can create a visual novel right out of the box, and that's pretty good.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well it is sad it won't come with a bust generator, but how will you create more visual novels with different characters? or is the intent to just create one visual novel and make several sequels? I'm not disappointed either way, but it could have been better, and I understand why it's not.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but how will you create more visual novels with different characters?
Maybe... draw them?
It's a maker, an engine. You don't have to limit yourself with what's inside the box.
Or did I not understand your question?

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MRD256 This is a game engine, not a toy, or a game. Everything won't be handed to you. There are many ways to create busts without the means of being able to draw. The engine is only an engine.

It's amazing enough it comes with resources for if you can't draw, or can't pay for commissions. You should be grateful for those, instead of insulting the product because it has no bust generator.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well it is sad it won't come with a bust generator, but how will you create more visual novels with different characters? or is the intent to just create one visual novel and make several sequels? I'm not disappointed either way, but it could have been better, and I understand why it's not.

Like I said, the fact that it comes with art in the first place is a huge plus. It's not the engine's fault for not having even more variation. That's what DLC are for, or creating your own art.

The engine provides stock art, but it shines when you add in your own.

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

learn ta draw yer own art [thats what im doing an i started with no understanding a art an it turned out its fun] each time ya make somethin ya get better an faster so by yer later novels you'll put out really great work. my talent's in writing to like most who wanta make visualnovels. i never knew anyone who wont read a novel base on grafix so ya dont hafta worry bout that much with a visualnovel fanbase. most are there for quality in story/chara writing.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2
Got fired from my job because they found someone more "Professional" and "Better" then me so I had more time to work on a tower defense prototype for a friend, I will upload tutorials on how to make it yourself once it's finished.
Added a modern day fridge sprite to my thread. Empty, full, and rotten versions :) enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjbh2