Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, I hoped for a character maker... the ancient ren'ai maker from enterbrain had one.
Bashing people for wanting one seems a little closed minded to me... some people just can't draw, no matter how much you practice, certainly i'm too old to even try. And paying someone else to draw for me... my projects are not for sale, or even for sharing. They are just that, personal projects.
Hype is going down surely, but i'll check out some examples of the premade resources before deciding.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Astel Enterbrain and Degica are different companies IIRC.
Also, we weren't bashing anyone. This program already has handdrawn resources for your games. A bust generator would be more work for the devs, which are already working hard enough to get this program out. A bust generator might not even do the program justice if they did have one.
I honestly think we shouldn't whine about what this program won't have, and praise it for what it will.

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Astel
I honestly think we shouldn't whine about what this program won't have, and praise it for what it will.
I'm not "whining" it's just a small disappointment. And it's hard do praise an engine for features that we don't know yet, maybe i'm a little bitter about how things were handled over steam...
Let's just wait and see.

fimamati

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
They said that in december 2016 too...the first time they delayed it. What a coincidence.

The wait is getting annoying. Maybe it's time to stop looking for excuses to not learn python.
lol. I know what you mean. I think. :biggrin:lol I keep trying to get out of learning it too. looking at other programs. truth is I think I would probably like it after I learn it, I just need the time to actually dedicate to it.
I have mv and vxace but I didn't know about this program.
i just stumbled on it trying to avoid programing rofl thats why I thought this comment was funny even though it's a couple months old.:biggrin:

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Oh, I've forgotten about this thread to be honest :D. Kind of glad that I did, I would have gone crazy for 4 more months checking for updates :D.

For the ones that are worried about characters for their Visual Novel because they have no way to create it on their own: There are free japanese generators ( http://www.jewel-s.jp/download/ , http://khmix.sakura.ne.jp/download.shtml ), usable even for commercial projects. It is hard to get it running, I honestly never managed to get it right, but there is a lot of content out there for it. So if you have the time but lack the money, this option might be something for you ;)

Another option is to get the freebies on Deviantart ( https://visual-novelty.deviantart.com/gallery/52141191/Characters ). Some artists have their own ******* site and you can get their work for a bargain (yeah, I know you people usually don't want to spend money, but it really helps these artists and let's them know that someone likes and appreciates their work). Sometimes there are free characters on Opengameart.org.

There is good quality, free visual novel content out there. You just have to look for it, and that might take a while. But hey...looks like you still have some time before VNM gets released ;)

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Really looking forward to it. :3

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not always great at having free time because of life, however, if I do have any free time I wouldn't mind helping people make some characters for Visual Novel Maker :kaopride:
This is a maybe though.

ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last time it was november of last year xD
But I'm still gonna be waiting for it! :kaojoy:

Palxan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a question.

Will it be possible to use characters created on the basis of characters from the RPG Maker MV in the new program?

Such characters like these:

Attachments

yajirobi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I LITERALLY WON'T WAIT.

rpgdreamer

His Royal Highness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm pretty excited to learn more about this when it comes out... hoping it will have some good methods for customization of text boxes and menus and things. I recalled using a program called Novelty a few years back, but I believe it was only for Windows users... I hope VNMaker will be compatible for Mac and Linux OS too.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
So...Who's developing VN Maker? I'm interested in it as a story prototype tool and I feel this is what many people might use it for, granted visual novels while bleeping popular in Japan, I just never saw em popular over here... sad cause I like VNs.

animesock52

A.K.A. Socks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Bonkers
That resource looks so helpful! I'm so happy you mentioned this.
I was dreading mapping out my game conversation branches in a word doc, this looks like a great alternative. I'll have to play with it some to fully understand, how useful it is. (And see if this does what I think it does)

It could be cool to have a similar feature, in VN Maker, but I don't know how well it would blend if it was just like this Twinery. I don't have a strong concept of how the will software work, so its hard to say.

Overall, I'm just so excited for this to release, I enjoy my RPG Maker, but VN Maker, just seems so much more my ally. Really looking foward to what this will have to offer.

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@animesock52 It's incredibly easy, like using a line chart. It's meant for use as an outline and fleshing out the story, allowing you to avoid the usual mistakes of beginners. Having the entire story flat out and in the open will help rather than an intimidating beast it becomes when it's in an editor. A much nicer alternative to writing notes on napkins and scraps that can get lost or soiled.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wholeheartedly agree in recommending twine/twinery. It is useful for all sorts of things, such as creating a family tree:

It is possible to create simple interactive fiction if you use HTML, too!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It would depend on what exactly is in the terms of use for that pack. If it allows it to be used in any engine, sure. But, I have no idea without knowing what the pack is or how it's EULA reads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz