Visual state effects on enemies during battle

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Script Requests' started by athosfranco, Nov 18, 2019.

1. athosfranco

athosfranco Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Good day! First I would like to thank all the RGSS 3 scripters that help noobs like me fullfil the dream of creating their own RPG. You are all amazing.

I wanted the current state icon (poisoned, blind, paralyzed etc) to appear over the enemies' heads during battle.

This is my main request, but if it were possible, I'd like an animation to loop over them as well. For example, in the 'burning' state, a small fire animation would be appearing over the enemy to show that it is... well... on fire, but in a cool visual way. It could be the ones you can make in RMVXA itself on the animations tab. I would keep the animations short and without too much detail to prevent loss of performance.

That's pretty much it.

I use the following scripts that already modify the vanilla RMVXA battle system:
    Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Core Engine v1.09
    Yanfly Engine Ace - Ace Battle Engine v1.22
    Yanfly Engine Ace - Battle Engine Add-On: Enemy HP Bars v1.10
    Yanfly Engine Ace - Visual Battlers v1.01
    Yanfly Engine Ace - Victory Aftermath v1.04

Thanks.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yanfly has a script for this called State Animations. I'm on my phone and can't do links but it's with all of his others.

3. athosfranco

athosfranco Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Thanks for the tip. I had searched for a RMVXA version of Visual State Effects (MV plugin) but had not found it. But when searching for 'State animations' I found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!